Win a VHammer, Spaghetti Challenge 2019 | Page 2 | The Slingshot Community Forum

Win a VHammer, Spaghetti Challenge 2019

Discussion in 'Giveaway Forum' started by derandy, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Great contest.......all I can say is for those that think its impossible to try it until you get it. To get better it's all about practice. You only need one hit to get on his list of entries and if you are lucky it will be enough. Theres plenty of time so get out and do it. He makes awesome slingshots and this is a chance to get one free. Good luck to all.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
  2. Bone

Get her done Brother. I know you can.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  3. Lord Of Crows

Lord Of Crows Active Member

Great video. When that person and their dog walked behind you and you stopped shooting and kept looking back... I LOL because I can relate. I'm often shooting in parks where it is illegal but I try to find spots where no others wander by... doesn't always pan out though. :D

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  4. Flederratte

Flederratte New Member

Thank you :)

Yes I stopped shooting, because I did not want to scare the dog when I was shooting when they were near. No idea what the person with the dog was thinking when she saw me shooting at a Spaghetti :D

I selected this place to shoot my Slingshots after I almost hit a jogger who suddenly came out of the bushes, when I was shooting at a different place.
    Now at this new shooting-range I am quite sure that no persons are in the direction where my shots go. It is difficult when you live in a city. There are people everywhere. However I grew up in a small village between forest and fields where I was able to shoot my slingshots anywhere I liked. I rarely met any person.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  5. Covert5

Covert5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence and the push Bone! Getting married next month and still got a lot of Diy things to do, but I'll try to make time! Good luck everyone and happy sling'n!

6. Texas Lineman

Texas Lineman Member

Well got one video made but trying for more hits lol. If anything this challenge has got me practicing until my fingers are numb. Got me shooting better then I ever have

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lord Of Crows

Bah! :poo: I can consistently get 1/10 but that's it. Usually the spaghetti strand explodes into pieces leaving a scant inch or so remaining to shoot plus the wind and those light clay pellets I was shooting didn't help. :banghead: Anyways, I know I'm being Mr. Excuses but I don't think it's that easy. If you can hit 3/10 I would bow to your marksmanship. Here's my humiliating entry on video. I know style doesn't get you points but at least I failed in style. :D

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. ScoutingInTheWoods

ScoutingInTheWoods Well-Known Member

i am still practicing but im getting there ill be happy to just get one hit but im am trying for two or more.

9. Mi'kmaq Warrior

Mi'kmaq Warrior Veteran Member

Great contest & challenge...I will be trying this for sure!

MW

Sent from my LG-M470 using Tapatalk

10. derandy

derandy Member

You are in with 1 Hit...

11. derandy

derandy Member

This is how he looks like... Come on Guys, give it a try ;)

Attached Files:

12. Texas Lineman

Texas Lineman Member

Dang that sling is beautiful. I have one video made just waiting for the weather to get better and try and make another with more hits lol. Its either windy or rainy here in Texas this week.

13. Lord Of Crows

Love that green color...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Active Member

I just came in to read this thread originally. Very cool give-away with a fun challenge and a beautiful prize! I really enjoyed watching the videos so far. @Flederratte had a cool concept, and a darn cute pig at the end. @Lord Of Crows made me laugh with his. My wife (2nd generation Italian-Canadian) came to see what I was laughing at, and when she saw the challenge, she practically threw a bag of spaghetti at me and told me to go downstairs and shoot it. So with that...

One hit out of ten, and on the last shot, taken at 2:40 :)

As a newer shooter, I really appreciate these challenges more for the forcing me out of my comfort areas than the chance at the prize. That said, if I am lucky enough to win, I will make a good home for that beauty :)

Thank you again @derandy for the opportunity!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
  15. StixShooter

StixShooter Veteran Member

Okay gents, so this evening I was down in the basement shooting my usual indoor range (a bit shy of 30'), and I decided on a whim that the @derandy spaghetti challenge was going to be my first ever shooting video. I'm no sharp shooter, so I figured, what the heck, I'll grab ten 3/8 steel balls and my wide fork RHH bonegrip (shout out to @Bone for the best design that I've ever shot) and head for the back yard.
    IMG_3378.jpg
    1 take, no do-overs. If I fluff it, this video will be deleted about 10 seconds after it's shot, and that's my attempt. So I propped up my phone close to my Chinese catch box (never used before) to register the hits, measured out 10m and had at it. I sighted for the tip, and I must have been in the groove, because my first two shots were hits! One more closer to the end as well for a grand total of three. I was pretty happy with that, so I decided not to tempt fate and leave it be. I realized after that I probably should have set up a mirror or something, to show me standing out the full distance, but I guess you'll have to take my word for it: I did walk out the tape at the end to show you where I was shooting from.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
  16. Bone

Nice shooting. I could see your grouping and it was very good!

17. Bruce

Bruce Guest

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. derandy

derandy Member

Crazy Canuck you are in with 1 Hit

19. derandy

derandy Member

Stix Shooter I'll trust you, but please make another Video with a mirror set up.
    Image, if you win with your video and nobody has seen the shooter in the video. It is not fair for the other ones.

20. StixShooter

StixShooter Veteran Member

Yeah, I get it Andy. I was pretty stoked that I got it 3 times, so I had to post it. Consider me out of the competition until I have a legitimate video. Thanks for running this, and good luck to all the competitors!

I'm not much for shooting videos (I don't really do social media) and I don't have a good set up for it. I also ripped out the back seam of my cheap Chinese catch box with that first round of 10 shots (they're pretty junky), so I'll need to fix that too (or find an alternative) before I can shoot. Things are starting to get busy here with the warmer weather.