Where I'm at now. | The Slingshot Community Forum

Where I'm at now.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Mr Muz, Sep 12, 2021 at 5:43 PM.

By Mr Muz on Sep 12, 2021 at 5:43 PM
  1. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Just thought I'd say hello and let you all know what I'm getting upto in the way of slingshots. I do check in regularly to have a read up on the threads but stay quiet, mainly because I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said or anything new to bring to the party.

I gave up on building about a year ago although I did make a frame earlier this year but that didn't relight my want to build and this year I've either sold, given away or put away any tools I had just for slingshot making although I still have a few forks laying around that I might get around to working on again in the future.

Shooting wise I still shot although not to any standard that I built myself upto, not great but good enough accuracy to be able to take part in challenges and make some OK videos.

This year I've fallen out of love with them a bit, not really had the free time to go out and shoot as I like. I still have a catch box in the garage and take a few shots at random targets but nothing more than 5 or 10 minutes average a week.

This June we finally got around to getting another dog after losing my old boy in 2019, he was one of the reasons I got back into slingshots 6 or 7 years ago, I would carry one with me on long walks with him and set up targets.

Well today I pocketed my flipping Pickle and a few steel balls and went for a walk with the puppy. I wasn't really expecting much from myself, I started by shooting a few tree trunks then picking out random leaves to shoot at and was having fun. I think this is where I am now with slingshots, I don't have any desire to be competitive, build or even buy new frames but just happy doing a little plinking just to keep me entertained while out and about.

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone in this community and hope I've had some impact on some of you like some of you have had on me over the years, I will still drop in on you but unless I have something to give or show that I think might be of any interest I will just be another person in the crowd. I didn't want to just fade away without saying goodbye like others have in the past but I think I've given all I can.

Stay safe and in good health.

Phill. 20210912_154432.jpg 20210912_154846.jpg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 15

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Mr Muz, Sep 12, 2021 at 5:43 PM.

1. Zippy

Zippy Veteran Member

Glad you’re still at it and that’s a good looking puppy

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Dogs have a way of doing that and that is kinda where I am at a few a week. He is a cute little bugger. Weather is going to get out of the 100 and 90s soon here, almost outdoor time.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
    3. KawKan

KawKan Veteran Member

Good to hear from you, Muz! If you’re not going to be posting new builds, how about an occasional photo of the pup?
      It would do wonders to heal the loss of your folksy patter, mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. Bugar

Bugar Member

Always glad to hear about slinging, how things are going, or just about anything, so just whenever or whatever, we are always here, and happy to hear, hang in there.

5. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

Great to hear from you and appreciate your honesty and clear thoughts on this hobby. You are and will always be a major resource of inspiration for all of us in this community. I know all too well how hobbies run hot and cold. Always fun to find new challenges and ways to experience the fun. Slingshots is one of those hobbies that has a big variety of interest. Your new pup looks like a ball of energy that is going to love your daily plinking walks.

I will always hold you responsible for installing my interest in pickle forks! Thank you!!!!

6. StringSlap

StringSlap Veteran Member

Hey Phill, whether you're slinging or not, just find the time to do what you like, even for a few minutes and enjoy life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Flipgun

Flipgun Veteran Member

I hear ya' Brother Muz. I have been on the down low for a while because of this that and the other. So, down but not out as I am waiting for cooler weather to get back in the shop I guess.

8. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Yep “ love u mannnnnn....”

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Emitto

Emitto Veteran Member

:(

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. AdamvVS

AdamvVS Veteran Member

Getting to know the names and a bit of the personality on the forums Yours is always a good one to see Its almost a form of company in the times I've logged on I was searching online through old posts and stumbled upon another members post who is no longer with us The info I was looking for was his post
      There was another member from way back When I tried talking to him pretty much told me to get a life, ha!
      It's nice to hear from you and wish you and your family the best Lifes busy and the internet and slingshots can be another time consumer
      If you fade away from hear I can't wait to see what you tell me or someone else in the future when they reach out to ya
      Take care

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    11. bottlecap

bottlecap Active Member

We didn't have too much interaction but I agree with all that's been posted here. Hot and cold hobbies, wow, yeah I have lots. Life's a buffet table though, why just stay with one dish?, there's a ton of new stuff on the table to check out and enjoy. Have fun!
      Tim

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

What Clint said...Love you Man!

You have contributed massive amounts of information. I do understand as my shooting has been more limited.

Thanks for everything you have done for me. Which is alot!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Big Ron

Big Ron Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator

that's very disappointing i have always look upto reading your input and stories plz don't disappear all together you have friend on here that care and think about you,i haven't been on alot either but trying to be more involved plz keep in touch my friend

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    14. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Makes the Xmas list shorter lol

15. Devils son in law

Devils son in law Veteran Member

Wow..... First off, I love your new pup. Even if you're not out shooting brother, please stop in and check up on your buddies. We love you and appreciate your input and friendship, my man!

16. wobblywill

wobblywill Well-Known Member

Hello Muz ..thought you had gone a bit quiet very unusual for you lads Ooop North. .
      Still using the frames you gifted/ traded with me that Conus [emoji7]
      Enjoy the pup mate gets a bit bigger can run with you when your out on the bike . [emoji109]

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

17. Peter Recuas

Peter Recuas Veteran Member

That puppy is a beauty, his eyes and nose are a good reason to smile and his face says just here and now

18. SLING-N-SHOT

SLING-N-SHOT Veteran Member

Phil, always good to see you posting and will be sad to see you go, but I understand and wish you and that cute little pup all the best
      brother, but please, don’t be a total stranger.

Darrell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Thanks everyone, does mean alot, if I have something new to show or I've anything to share I certainly will. Also still booked to come to Maine in November so will share my thoughts if they will let us in and potentially Florida in April but again it's covid dependant.

Will definitely stay in touch. I'm also on Facebook or Instagram if you are that way inclined.