What New Slingshots and Accessories Would You Like to See? | The Slingshot Community Forum

What New Slingshots and Accessories Would You Like to See?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Montie Gear, Aug 8, 2014.

By Montie Gear on Aug 8, 2014 at 6:16 AM
  1. Montie Gear

Montie Gear New Member

I have a few questions:

1) What new products would you like to see for slingshot enthusiasts?
    2) What new accessories would you like to see for the Montie Gear Y-Shot slingshot?

http://www.montiegear.com/Y-Shot.html

You input is greatly appreciated.

Montie

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Montie Gear, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Toddy

Toddy Veteran Member

Everyone makes ammo holders for Steel shot because it is relatively easy. But I have yet to find an ammo holder for lead that actually works in the hunting field. No fumbling when trying to reload in a hurry so easy access and 100% reliable. I am a dedicated 'put the shot in your pocket' kind of guy but that is something I would buy.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    2. squirrel squasher

squirrel squasher Well-Known Member

could not agree more toddy

3. Clever Moniker

Clever Moniker Administrator Staff Member Admin

Agree completely. This is a huge issue for myself as well.

Here's the thing, magnets in the field work the best because they're silent. What do you do with lead??? The only thing I can think of is some sort of ammo dispenser which uses magnets to open and close a "door" to lead ammo??

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    4. Clever Moniker

Clever Moniker Administrator Staff Member Admin

The other thing I think would be good, would be to have a "tactical" flashlight which connects via picatinny rail. to the bottom fork of the slingshot when side shooting? I suspect it would have to be able to pivot or move while attached though.

I have thought about adding this on some of my future slingshots for a while now but haven't had the time to test it out.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    5. squirrel squasher

squirrel squasher Well-Known Member

or a high friction tube like a pen dispensor

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    6. Toddy

Toddy Veteran Member

Something where I can get a shot out quickly and without dropping it in the dark = perfect :). Oh and of course it needs to be adjustable somehow so I can take .38 cal one night and .44 cal the next. Not asking a lot am I? haha

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    7. Thistle

Thistle Guest

I already have an A-frame catchbox--portable and lightweight--that I've constructed for home target shooting. I'm very happy with it. But it's so not suitable for taking with me on weekend adventure trips.

I Like to travel ULTRA light when I go backpacking. I've been dreaming for months of a very lightweight catchbox that can be collapsed into an eensy teensy package that does not require 'support' rods--hopefully. I thought about using trekking poles, but really good ones are pricey. I'd rather not shoot at those since I use them for a variety of utility applications.

I take at least one slingshot with me, but I don't like carrying extra ammo. It's heavy, compared to other stuff I carry.

@Pawpawsailor has got some brilliant ideas for portability (Canvas Ammo Catcher & Sunbrella Target Backstop). If there was someway to merge his ideas...

By collapsible, I mean something like this "pop-up" laundry bin, but maybe a different shape, more suited to collecting ammo. Could even work for indoor Airsoft BBs.

There are also cube shapes that have some sort of flexible spring or memory wire which causes them to pop open. I personally think they're pretty cool.

I don't know if this appeals to anyone but me, but this is what's been on my mind, in terms of slingshot accessories. Ha! You did ask. :)

Photo example of pop-up/collapsible:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4