What happened to pfshooter\ dgui | The Slingshot Community Forum

What happened to pfshooter\ dgui

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Dgui, Jan 29, 2021.

By Dgui on Jan 29, 2021 at 6:51 AM
  1. Dgui

Dgui Veteran Member

For many years ilived in an RV while living in Benson Arizona I had multiple massive strokespassed out ai hit the floor the proprty managercame by to get paid my door was opened enough to see me on the floor he called the ambulance.as info got back to I understand that Ihad been unconciousfor bout 3 days so it was too late for a clot busting drug so I suffered much damage so as my mind began to return to me things very slowly made sence and one day Bone and his wife cameby and what a glorious ttime we had we were messing aroun and he shot a plastic cup off my head a terrific reunion. It was bout that time in recovery I could not swallow so I was being feed by a stomach tube also talking giberish.the effects are a non workinleft arm and hand not able to walk.now to me this is still a tempoar condition.i have gone through much therapy and not much progress but I will not give up on recovery. The therapist say different but I belive different. Some progress made I can sit up without falling over Ican eat without a feeding tube and swallow withot chokin. I am able to do math word problems.took about ayear and a half but I can drive ny truck. It has been na long difficult row to hoe. Wont stop till im shooting again.its coming I now have my own therapy going on. i figure I have no plateau in sight and keep pressing forward

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 37
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Dgui, Jan 29, 2021.

1. richnewm

richnewm Veteran Member

So good to see you back here my friend, i have no doubt that your strong will and determination will see you back shooting again , im sure of it. Keep going buddy and keep posting we all love hearing from you [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
    2. MacGyver

MacGyver Member

Keep pressing forward! Years ago my mom was in a very similar situation. She was told all but to give up and that she wouldn’t be able to do this or that and she proved a lot of folks wrong. You’re right sir, it is a long row to hoe but with time a perseverance you can amaze yourself and others!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
    3. AdamvVS

AdamvVS Veteran Member

Inspiring Dguu. Thank you for the reminders of how good many of us have it. Thank you for sharing with us your story. Yes, thank you for the educational videos of pfsshooting. The video of bones visit with you was quite humorous. I was always looking at you with your broad shoulders sitting on that picnic table taking those lightning speed shots in your youtube videos. Thinking you looked like a healthy dude. My Uncle was the youngest and only one who worked out the majority of his life. After his stroke he asks himself "why me?" Life is so mysterious. I could only imagine how your recovery keeps you busy and must come first and foremost. Many blessings on your path. Take care and thanks again for this post.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 6
    4. Devils son in law

Devils son in law Veteran Member

Nothing against your therapist but I have a feeling he doesn't know who he's dealing with!! It sounds to me that you're well on your way back.

Keep moving forward brother and enjoy every day. We all love you whether you're shooting or not.

5. StringSlap

StringSlap Veteran Member

Great to hear from you! Keep doing what you're doing. You'll be shooting before you know it!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    6. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator

GET IT, SON! Always been praying for you, brother. I know it has been a long road and there is still a long road ahead. Strong minds always recover. Bone kept me up to date on progress while he was nearby but still good to hear the story in your own words.

If you ever need something custom built so you can continue to shoot, just let me know. I have made many a strange "slingshot" so that people can continue in the sport.

7. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Go Dgui we Texans are tuff

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Lol.....Digu isn't so found of Texas right now.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    9. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Love ya Brother!

10. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Member

@Dgui l’m glad to hear you are recovering. I can relate to what you are going through. 12 years ago I was in a bad car accident I suffered a brain injury along with many other injuries. I spent 3 months in one of the best hospitals in the country. A month and a half of it in an induced coma. My family was told that I may not recover fully and I would have complications for the rest of my life.
      When I got out of the hospital I had a lot of memory problems. It’s a very strange feeling to know that you know things but you just can’t remember them. I pretty much had to relearn a lot of things. I’m a welder, fabricator and industrial maintenance technician and when I went back to work I had to reteach myself the things that I knew I had done most of my life. As several months went by things started to click. It was all starting to come back.
      The brain is an amazing thing. It will rewire itself around the damaged part. A lot of the healing process for me was keeping my brain busy. Playing card games and word puzzles helped exercise my brain. I also played games on a game console that help with my eye and hand coordination. A year or so later I was back to my normal self other than a few aches and pains from my body being broken up so badly.
      Just keep working at it and don’t give up! You will be surprised at what the brain and will power can do for healing. If you are anyone wants to talk or ask questions of my experience with brain injury I would be happy to talk about it.

Joe

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 10
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Veteran Member

Darrell you has demonstrated us your perseverance on very difficult feats, this will not be your last one, your brain will learn to replace the functions, just it is not as fast as we would like but it will come, no doubt, as I said I can wait my friend, I can wait
      best regards

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. Flipgun

Flipgun Veteran Member

frog2.jpg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    13. Dgui

Dgui Veteran Member

Joe sure sounds like you had a tough go but glad you made it. All on the forum have bee most encouraging. What I did not mention is what caused the stokes i have A-fib unaware.

14. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Member

I’m sorry you had to find out about it that way. I have high blood pressure and I found out about it when I had an emergency one night. I was on the verge of having a stroke

15. StixShooter

StixShooter Veteran Member

Daryl, did you ever get your glove?

16. SteveJ

SteveJ New Member

you dont know me, Im just a fan. But I really hope and pray your recovery continues as quickly as possible. You have been and are a inspiration , thank you Sir

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing and wishing you all the best.

18. Dgui

Dgui Veteran Member

One tes sppon of super beets dsily tskes c
      Aate of blood pressure i get mine from human.
      Isure will continue tillI I climb in LOL!!!

19. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Member

I’ve been thinking about trying super beets to see if it works for me