Warrior Pouches. My thoughts. | The Slingshot Community Forum

Warrior Pouches. My thoughts.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by BarkyBow, Oct 27, 2017.

By BarkyBow on Oct 27, 2017 at 1:47 PM
  1. BarkyBow

BarkyBow Veteran Member

Hey slingers

A lot of you that know me know that I love shooting slingshots but I get a bigger kick out of making shooters so I'm not exactly the world's greatest when it comes to accuracy or consistency. However I am a big fan of feeling comfortable with what I shoot. One of my concerns is always breakages. The bands, the fork and definitely the pouch. We all know that a smack in the face is not nice so we strive to get top quality stuff to shoot with.

Lately I have been shooting with @theTurk warrior pouches and I have to say that I am completely blown away with the quality of these pouches. I have put approx 3 or 4 thousand shots down range (I've had them for a while hahaha) and I cannot fault the fit and finish of these beautifully crafted well thought out pouches. The materials are rugged yet pliable. The break in period is not worrying as even when the pouch was new I didn't have any fliers. The pouch just seems to suit me and my style of release.
    If anyone is interested in getting some of these then I highly recommend that you do.
    Burk is an absolute pleasure to deal with as he himself is a slingaholic much like the rest of us and the Warrior pouch is a labour of love made by one if us

My favourite so far is the pig leather and canvas.

Thanks for letting me ramble on guys and I hope this helps someone looking to find quality pouches.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 16
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by BarkyBow, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Munter

Munter Active Member

Well said sir .... I couldn't agree more

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Diaboloslinger

Diaboloslinger Veteran Member

I had the opportunity to try them @ SWSS, and the quality is definitely top-shelf. However, I like a supple/pliable/lightweight pouch, and these just seem a little stiff n' heavy to me. In fact, the handslaps were unbearable.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

I've not yet had chance to try the one I have but that's probably down to my love of super sures. Not to take any trade away from the turk, I've traded in the past top guy, I'm pretty sure Lewis Pride of pride products is selling them in the UK.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    4. Royleonard

Royleonard Well-Known Member

I agree with Barky Bow on all points.My favorite is the military navy seal,tough pouch. I also like and use supersures as I believe he set the bar and never had a problem with any of his pouches.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. winternheimer77

winternheimer77 Member

I don't think you can wear one out. I know I have better than five thousand shots on mine and still like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. AlmightyOx

AlmightyOx Active Member

I've not had the chance to try them but I've only heard great things. Seems like Super sure (which I've tested) and Warrior have really cornered the market. Must be doing something right :)

7. Truthornothing

Truthornothing Active Member

All my customs leave with a Warrior pouch or two included

8. Michael1971

Michael1971 Veteran Member

Ordered mine from warrior pouches on facebook.
      I have the Viking canvas pouch and they seem to get better the more you shoot them.. They also do kangaroo leather pouches for those who like a thinner pouch.

9. theTurk

theTurk Well-Known Member Vendor

Thanks for the shoutout Clint, I’m glad you’re enjoying them bud.

10. AZ Stinger

AZ Stinger Veteran Member

Where do I find these pouches...

11. theTurk

PM me Ray

12. MT100

MT100 Veteran Member

Thanks Clint good to know. Not tried them yet, I'm a SuperSurer as well but do like a lighter pouch. I like the idea of a canvas laminate, I shall investigate.

13. BarkyBow

BarkyBow Veteran Member

In my opinion supersure set the standard of excellence and warrior meets those standards with ease.
      They just seem to work for me and my style of release. I think its the canvas.:tu:
      I'll PM you ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. BarkyBow

BarkyBow Veteran Member

That's good to know @Diaboloslinger. I must say that I had no problems with hand slap. I did however find the pouches a little stiff but that was gone after a little rolling between my fingers to manipulate soften the threads and fibres. My favourite one (canvas/pigskin) has been magnificent from a hundred or so shots on and I've shot a few thousand shots since then and it feels great and yet still solid.

15. Chesapeake Inuit

Chesapeake Inuit Active Member

Going to try them!

16. You'llshootyereyeout

You'llshootyereyeout Veteran Member

Sweet review. I’ll be trying them based on it.

17. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator

I have enjoyed using laminated pouches in the past, including a Warrior pouch. Since then, I have returned to my preferred single layer. Even if they wear out quickly, the pouch cutter takes a minute to make 20 more. It also allows me to test a wide variety of leathers.

As Diablo said, too much slap was why I returned to single layer.

18. Lewis Pride

Lewis Pride New Member

Wow I just found this thread.
      First of thank you guys so much for the positive feedback and constructive criticism we as a brand are constantly looking for the next best thing.

Berk and myself had the idea of setting up warrior pouches, I guess it must be getting up toward a year ago now. (we did alot of planning and testing prior to launching)

We try to keep the work load on our social media as even as possible but the quality and consistency is all down to berk as he manufactures them. I just market and sell them in the UK.

The goal was to create a laminated pouch that was as light as possible but didn't wear out prematurely. The stiffness of the canvas can lead to a little handslap, where as a more supple pouch won't land the extra energy of the bands (handslap) onto your fingers as efficiently however I think this is more to do with the bands and ammo not being as well matched as they could be (bands being too heavy) these pouches are surprisingly light which may lead to the bands having a little more extra energy than with a regular or usual pouch.

We try to offer as many options as possible in terms of materials with different properties which follow through into the properties of our pouches. These will hopefully satisfy the needs of as many people as possible. So to think of our canvas to leather pouches as being the same as our military grade fabric composite to leather pouches, is abit of a mistake. [emoji846]

We also have a new material in the pipeline ready for extensive testing that were really exited for which will be alot more supple for those that prefer that in a pouch.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
    19. theTurk

Agree above with everything Lewis said. The pouches are lightweight and the handslap is being caused because there happens to be a bit of extra energy on the bands as they are pulling a lighter pouch so the remaining energy materializes into a handslap.

The canvas-leather laminated Apache and Viking pouches, the larger designs of the line up weigh about 0.9-1.1 grams , the laminated kangaroo apache and Viking weigh no more than 1.3 grams. Our laminated tactical navy seal pouches weigh in between 0.9-1 gram and for their weight and size are pound-for-pound one of the toughest pouches out there today.

The choice of what materials are being used in making these pouches have been thoroughly and carefully considered. We try to offer light yet strong , reliable pouches that will last.

Though one thing I learned in this process is that you can’t make each individual happy as each person has his/her own preferences but you can definitely put forward a product that you can proudly stand behind and that’s what we aimed for with Warrior pouches.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2