Walking slingstick? | The Slingshot Community Forum

Walking slingstick?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Road Rash, May 4, 2021 at 1:15 PM.

By Road Rash on May 4, 2021 at 1:15 PM
  1. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

What if we collaborate some ideas?
    I picture: An eye-level length stick topped with forks, bandset or tubeset, hollow ammo section with a removable plug under a framehand finger. Around the staff could be paracord, duct tape, flint and striker, fishline and lures, twine and a spare bandset.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Road Rash, May 4, 2021 at 1:15 PM.

1. Wellington

Wellington New Member

I’m gonna try it! I just cut a hickory staff this past winter, it’s drying. I will post a picture of it when I get it done. Probably take a week or two as I work swing shifts. Would definitely be a neat project!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. MakoPat

MakoPat Veteran Member

Hickory!! That's awesome.

The whole idea is awesome, @Road Rash !!
      I will look for something suiatable. I have a cane length dogwood and a mystery fork a touch longer. The mystery fork has a significant twist in the fork. I was thinking of making a leverage style rock chucker out if it.

Let's do it. Make some slingshot staffs or canes. I live in a small city and canes are acceptable and easier to maneuver.

Attached Files:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    3. OldGuy

OldGuy Member

For those who prefer hiking with a pair of poles vs. single staff. The hiking & snowshoeing poles used for the past +10 years (PacerPoles, UK) has an insert designed to attach a standard camera stud mount turning it into a monopod. Not the only trekking pole maker with this option. Would be simple and inexpensive to add an insert into the poly PP Tarus. The inconvenience of having to extend the pole or kneel down are sort of negatives vs. cutting a custom length staff.

• Informative Informative x 1