Video editing software | The Slingshot Community Forum

Video editing software

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Sammy Shuford, Jan 7, 2021.

By Sammy Shuford on Jan 7, 2021 at 9:22 PM
  1. Sammy Shuford

Sammy Shuford Active Member

If you are editing your video, what software do you use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Sammy Shuford, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

I use Photo Shop Premier 14, but if you video any of the online challenges or qualifiers, you are not to edit. Thus the use of a mirror.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    2. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Just got a new iPhone 12 Pro with good video just got a new 12.9 tablet which can record now how do I make a video non-editing using both with the screen on the target in the screen on me there’s got to be away come on you computer whiz kids
      I could look and figure out the mirror gig and use both but I don’t know if they’ll allow that for editing Gotta be a way to have two screens on one video without it being edited Hell we got things flying around mars that should be doable
      Lol
      Probably been doable for years I’m so stupid on computers I can barely turn mine on and get it all set up right Lol
      Any help I do have a TV a smart TV it’s never been turned on or hooked up but maybe I could use that also . Think about this I have not sat on a couch in a year and a half have not watched TV in a year and a half hummmmmm! Now I’m 60 lbs lighter hummmmmmm !

3. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

Sounds like you are getting high tech living off the grid! Hope the house project is coming along good?

Reading your post, the first thing that comes to mind is @Kalevala . He's the expert in recording two videos at once and saving to one file. Would be interesting for him to show us his setup and how he does it without a mirror.

The mirror trick is easy enough. I just use a cheap door mirror that I had that was no longer needed. Wally world is full of cheap mirrors if you don't already own one. Just prop it up near the target and angle back to the shooter. Of course this is assuming that you are accurate enough to not shoot the mirror! Same goes for the camera. I use an old Samsung S3 that is not my current in use cell phone.

There are some other mirror setups that I've seen people use with a small one mounted very close to the cell phone to get the same effect. Been wanting to try this out too.

4. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

I was going to record it through my rifle scope but then you can’t see me Lol Think it would make a cool picture with crosshairs lol

5. Sammy Shuford

Sammy Shuford Active Member

Terminology may be getting in our way. Combining two clips in to two windows does not CHANGE the content of either clip. Adjusting the color balance or blacking out a section would be edits.

My 2 cents

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Kalevala

Kalevala Veteran Member

Thank You very much Palmettoflyer :)
      I use two or sometimes three cameras and use Apple iMovie to edit those clips.
      iMovie is quite easy to use.

• Informative Informative x 1
    7. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Ya gonna try this week sometime
      Starting up tablet after I get my phone by Monday then try stuff . Yesterday a A quail landed near the framers on the house this other guy grabbed his camera and videoed and Nugget took out after the quail and made it fly and I hit the quail in the air about 2 feet off the ground the guy was filming Nugget not my shot lol there’s four guys that think I’m the man when it comes to shooting slings ! It was a pure instinctive oh shit shot Shoot now!!!!!! Yes nugget did tackle the quail and bring it back right in front of everybody rip the breast out through the rest of him he had a good day threw it in the freezer

8. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

I would think a GoPro would be the only way to go Out and about had some real good luck filming when I was doing pellet guns filming the filming shots through the scope I may set something up like that as my long range viewfinder on my camera it’s going to have crosshairs though LOL
      We ll see how good the iPhone 12 pro films
      I would think the tablet would be one hell of a filming camera but I don’t know anything about anything I don’t even know how to turn them on yet
      Lol i’m a quick study should be ok once I learn some of the lingo and what people are talking about when they talk I usually pick it up pretty quick

9. SLING-N-SHOT

SLING-N-SHOT Veteran Member

Brother [mention]Clint [/mention] we could all take a cue from your lifestyle about getting off our duff and out from in front of the TV, that is admirable my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1