Turkey | The Slingshot Community Forum

Turkey

Discussion in 'Slingshot Hunting' started by Clint, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

10 in the wifes bitch barn Area today,lol they were gobbling right next to my man cave door 10 feet away
    My slingshot was saying put me in coach put me in but I got one already in the freezer so no Waynoe...
    One Tom ,two moms,idk like 6 chicks.. lol I couldn’t of shot the Tom even if in season ,,lol,,couldn’t break a family up ... just ain’t that hungry:)
    DAA6FEA1-11FF-42EE-A68C-5B23527A4E05.jpeg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 7
  2. Devils son in law

Devils son in law Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator

I don't blame ya! We get them in often and I enjoy them too much to shoot em.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  3. cromag

cromag Well-Known Member

Here's the last turkey I busted P1010006 (Medium).JPG

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  4. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Lucky, I saw pheasant go through a radiator and actually make a hole in the water pump of a truck looked like a football had been thrown threw ....I’d tell u a story about 50 elk me and a 20 foot trailer at 55 but u would not beleave me , some kinda GOD intervened , elk,driving god idk... no way in hell I should be here now ... I’ve got like 1 million miles driving ,and I’m telling u I said ‘this is it” yet here I are !! And after it was all done I stopped and looked behind me so many elk I couldn’t see the freeway .. for real lol one hour into my trip 3am not one hit on my truck or trailer ,my first swerve as I said this is it I thought making contact at that point yet elk did a butt flip from there I know swerved to more times all’s I could see is elk just braced the wheel at that point for impact.. but some GOD STEPPED IN ...

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  5. cromag

cromag Well-Known Member

I had a friend with a similar experience except cows, rain and St. Johns Arizona . He quit afterwards. The odd thing about my turkey was the timing , 4:30 in the afternoon on Thanksgiving Day:)

6. Snydes

Snydes Member

Well, if it's gotta happen, timing couldn't have been better ...

7. Harold Dusch

Harold Dusch New Member

I have turkeys in my yard on occasion, but I have deer every day. They have gotten used to me being there shooting my SS. One day I was practicing with my crossbow and they were milling around my target. I yelled and they did not move (there were about 10 deer). I went in and got my SS and shot one in the hind quarters. They moved so I could continue practicing.