Undefined - trade with Stix! | The Slingshot Community Forum

Undefined trade with Stix!

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by honorary pie, Oct 12, 2020.

By honorary pie on Oct 12, 2020 at 5:04 PM
  1. honorary pie

honorary pie Veteran Member

So I made a very fruitful trade with Stixshooter, and I've been trying to streamline my photos from various apps and clouds and junk. It turns out I'm not a technologically inclined as I thought, and now I have no idea where half my stuff is. Anyway, I received a very cool personalized Beech Natty which has been through three bandsets, caught me a bunny and even got too much paint on it from being in my pocket at work. I haven't shot the Yew pfs he included, or the chalice, but I'll have them out soon.

The ones I gave him are a box elder natural on which there isn't much to say, and an Ash fork that was ravaged by Ash borers before the tree came down . I didn't wanna carve through all the whirly lines and tracks, so I lightly sanded and sealed the shooter, completely dunked it in white Semi-gloss paint and when it was dried I wet sanded it all back until the wood grain was exposed again, and finished it..
    IMG_20200510_135713.jpg IMG_20200822_205622267_HDR.jpg IMG_20200823_171805528_HDR.jpg IMG_20200823_171625211_HDR.jpg IMG_20200823_171906228_HDR.jpg IMG_20200823_171934328_HDR.jpg

Also, here are the ones he sent me,,, I kinda forgot about the fourth one, maybe he @StixShooter can remind me what kind of wood it is,,, and perhaps why the knot figuring looks suspiciously like myself.. IMG_20200823_204027154_HDR.jpg IMG_20200823_203003559.jpg IMG_20200823_203116522.jpg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 12

Comments

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by honorary pie, Oct 12, 2020.

1. bottlecap

bottlecap Member

Awesome post! Great haul for both of you. Love that effect you got with the paint. Boom.

Tim

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Stankard757

Stankard757 Well-Known Member

Those are awesome![emoji106] I'm with bottlecap the paint effect is cool. It might get borrowed[emoji16]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    3. StixShooter

StixShooter Veteran Member

Thanks for posting the pics! Definitely loving them both, and the ash fork Is some cool out of the box thinking. It’s the ‘mummy’ of slingshots: living again from the dead! The little box elder one is a gem: small, beautiful and perfect!

As for the other two slings: the one with the walnut cap came from a bush at my father in law’s place. I don’t know what it was, but the wood seemed strong and had a cool pattern in it. Sorry I can’t help much more than that. The PFS came from @william wallace and is yew. I just figured that a little exotic wood would complete the package. Glad you like them, and thanks so much for agreeing to trade!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    4. Bishop

Bishop Active Member

Hey pie ate you catching any snook and good trade.

5. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Well-Known Member

Amazing looking frames. Great ideas on all the techniques. Good stuff!!!!

6. AdamvVS

AdamvVS Veteran Member

Nice frames slingmails always hood Are you still shooting frameless these days? If so you must be getting really good at it

7. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Excellent trade! I like the worm whole one the best. Different and cool looking. Before reading the post I scrolled down to look at the pictures and thought the same as you, that grain area looked like you. That's a keeper for sure.

8. Devils son in law

Devils son in law Veteran Member

Very cool trade, boys!!!

9. honorary pie

I've tried a few times over weeks to post a proper build-along, so I think it's time to properly re-learn to use the PC.. THANK YOU for offering the trade in the first place, I'm stoked as heck to band up the capped one tomorrow, maybe I'll even get a video up. I did one the moment I banded the Pi, but I hadn't shot much for months, and it showed..

did the pepper plants survive? I just cloned all of them and they're in a mini-greenhouse with my fingers crossed ..

10. honorary pie

Thank you sir, it was great trade. Stix is a cool dudebof leaves we should all aspire to .. I think Snook might be something different around these parts, but either way I don't catch any.

11. honorary pie

Oh yeah, I mainly shoot frameless for convenience, but experience is teaching me I'm a better, more consistent shooter with a frame. I just don't like getting them painty at work..

12. Peter Recuas

Peter Recuas Veteran Member

They are all beautiful but that box elder is a unique thing, I really liked it :)

13. Humwild

Humwild Member

Good trade

14. StixShooter

StixShooter Veteran Member

alas they did not... I watered them but the cuttings didn’t seem to catch. But I did save the seeds of one of the Apache peppers, which I plan to plant in the spring!