The Mean Green Slinging Machine - Slingmail from RichNewm | The Slingshot Community Forum

The Mean Green Slinging Machine - Slingmail from RichNewm

Discussion in 'The PFS' started by Palmettoflyer, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago, Rich offered up his Martin Whippet SureShot PFS. I quickly recognized it as one that has passed through a few hands here in the community and was anxious to give it a go. Jumped at the opportunity and am I ever so glad that I did. This frame is beautiful and a real joy to shoot. The forks are perfect for a pinch/thumb brace and you balance the palm swell with your fingers. PFS shooting is as much style as technique and the Whippet SureShot has plenty of style!

Rich and I have done a few exchanges lately and I've been curious to give short draw instinctive PFS a try and he has been awesome giving me pointers and now supplying me with the proper equipment to get on with it. Not nearly as easy as PFS butterfly, but I hear the rewards are great for patience and perseverance. So now I'm adding a daily round of marble chunking to my PFS and other practice sessions. Stay tuned for some fast draw aerial shooting videos (Coming in Summer of 2025)!

Thank you @richnewm for letting go of the SureShot, and all the PFS help and inspiration!

Slingmail goodies!
    IMG_E9408.JPG
    Mean Green Slinging Machine! Banded with 13" of 20-15mm .54 green precise. @william wallace pouch! (They are awesome)
    IMG-9401.JPG
    OPFS Setup by Richnewm
    IMG-9403.JPG
    First shots with the Whippet SureShot! Notice the wrap & tuck failure after a couple shots, amber wrap to the rescue!
    IMG_9419.JPG
    1st Can Cut! Sun beams are real. Must be a sign from above!
    IMG_9429.JPG
    Ok, humble moment. At least I hit the target (sometimes)! I have a way to go on instinctive aiming!
    IMG_9430.JPG

Thanks again Rich, loving both of these frames. :):):):cool:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 11
  2. Stankard757

Stankard757 Well-Known Member

Congrats, Monroe Both are beautiful

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  3. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

I think it just found it's forever home. Congrats bud.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

I have a titanium OPFS Rich made and he added a coin he shot, foreign looking thing, would never part with them. Rich is bad ass the world needs more like him.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Palmettoflyer

Thanks Mike, these are a real treasure for sure.

6. Palmettoflyer

Cruiser, you are so right! I haven't shot anything for 2 weeks and first shot from the Whippet frame was a 1/2" off the bullseye. The outliers were me messing around. It was very easy to keep the shots from 10 meters inside the 60mm circle.

7. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

I have some custom pickles I can send you pics so if you are interested

8. Palmettoflyer

I just gave away a whole bag of English Pound coins that I collected years ago. Now I would love to use those coins as targets. Oh well...

We are fortunate to have a lot of great friends on the big island over there! Muz, Rich, and William Wallace all have touched this setup in one way or another. I'm shooting WW's pouch on this frame. Clint added his western magic to it as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bishop

Bishop Active Member

That's a good looking PFS and good shooting.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  10. Palmettoflyer

Thanks Joe, I'm still shooting those marbles you sent me a while back. They are getting a ride on the new OPFS.

11. richnewm

richnewm Veteran Member

Monroe you are more than welcome glad to hear that you are enjoying both of the frames .

@Cruiser if you ever get rid of that SWOPFS that I sent to you I would greatly appreciate first refusal ( if you still have it ) I've never regretted getting rid of any frames but this one holds a special place in my heart

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

12. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

I wish I could’ve held that in my hand because it is one of my favorite looking slingshots that I’ve had I just couldn’t stop it from twisting around in my hand deserves to be shot until it can’t be shot anymore lol
    So wear that damn thing out so I don’t have to keep reminding myself that I gave it away !

13. Palmettoflyer

Clint, I appreciate you sending it along. I fully understand how some frames don't work out. Wasn't too sure myself by looking at pictures how well I would do with it. A frame like this has to be held by the fork tips. The handle is only for balance and good looks. I'll do my best to wear it out for sure.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4