Testing a new device | The Slingshot Community Forum

Testing a new device

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Access, May 2, 2020.

By Access on May 2, 2020 at 3:44 PM
  1. Access

Access New Member

Actually a remake/re-purposing of something I designed a year ago. I wish I could get outside but the path to the usual clearing I go to is currently blocked off by a stream that formed after some earlier weeks of rain. Hopefully it clears up soon, for now, until I find another spot, the best I can do to check accuracy is indoors at distances that are bit shorter than I'd like.

I recently re-strung this with the most powerful tubing I could find and a little bit of nylon rope for the parts that can't use tubing, The pull length might seem very short but the draw force is high enough to make up for it with these projectiles. Rate of fire may be limited, but the upside is that anyone can use this device and achieve good accuracy without much practice at all. The pop-up "hook" sight is a very simple system, and having the stock on the lowest part of the body makes it easy to sight down the rail.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Access, May 2, 2020.

1. nsfc

nsfc Member

Well you'll either get real accurate/good at that thing or your going to get real good at fixing/repairing drywall. Either way have fun/be safe

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    2. Access

Access New Member

Rebuild of this device, changed the design slightly, fixed a few chronic issues and maximized the length for a 250x210mm print bed. Printed entirely in PETG for durability and outside use. Current velocity is a little over 130 ft/s, using bands made from green CanDo exercise tubing.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    3. nsfc

nsfc Member

Good to hear your making progress and improving your design.Have you taken it outside much? If you ever decided to hunt with that it would be great because any little critters that see you aim that thing at it would prob just lay down and die.

4. Access

Access New Member

Unfortunately due to all the rain we had earlier in the year, a lot of the more secluded places where I used to take video are no longer usable. Favorite nearby clearing became is now a pond, every other place I have tried so far is just overgrown or still inaccessible. I do see plenty of bunnies hopping around, at least. Hopefully I can find a good place soon or things will dry up a bit come summer.

5. Access

Access New Member

Here's a short update video that shows a set of Version 4 devices I just finished (the ones above are Version 1 and Version 2). The sharp bolts are great for target practice, and I'm really pleased with the accuracy of the larger one (watch to the end of the video).