Taurus with TBB | The Slingshot Community Forum

Taurus with TBB

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Shaku, Sep 8, 2020.

By Shaku on Sep 8, 2020 at 5:05 AM
  1. Shaku

Shaku New Member

Hey guys, today my long awaited mini Taurus arrived after just 11 days from the united states all the way over to germany, delivered to my door.

Promptly tried it out and it is a great shooter, would love to have a metal version of it though...

Banded it up with some 30cm cut Thera band black I had lying around. Double per side, 20/10 with the bottleneck tapers.

These bands send those 8mm steels and quite impressive speeds. I don't have a chrony, but it seems to be around 340-370 fps from the way they perform on the steel cans.
    Don't forget about those thin therabands... they still pack a punch... you just might have to double up.

After a few shots I hit the 2 cm spinner pretty well... though I am just not super consistent yet, lacking practice.

Shooting fistgrip full butterfly

Absolutely loving the slingshot, just would wish for an aluminium/bronze/brass or steel version (hint hint proshotcatapults?)

Just something I wanted to share

Greetings

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 6

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Shaku, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Pictures?

I think proshot did a cast Taurus once upon a time, it might be worth dropping them a message see if they still have the moulds.

2. Shaku

Shaku New Member

Pictures will follow tomorrow.

They do sell a taurus and I own one as well.

They however do not sell the mini taurus, which is the one in question ;)

I just dont need an OTT option and find the slimmer, cleaner design of the mini version to appeal more to me.

I could order one as a custom piece from proshot, but that would require me to send my slingshot to them and wait a few more weeks.... not too hot on that ;P

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    3. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Ah cool, I thought they did the mini as well. No worries.

4. Shaku

Shaku New Member

I took a few Photos...

Rebanded the frame with .62 GZK Yellow 20/10 32cm cut -> 30 cm effective length.
      The band feels like it could be cut a little shorter but it feels good this way... and it doesnt break after 10 shots, which is a plus.

IMG_20200909_100421.jpg IMG_20200909_100430.jpg IMG_20200909_100438.jpg IMG_20200908_161641.jpg

I also tried to chrono a few shots with my phone and the audio chrono, so take the results with a grain of salt, but they are consistent and seem very much in the realm of possibilities.

8 mm Steel, 2 grams, 116/112 m/s (2 shots taken) -> 381/367 fps -> ~13,5 Joules/10 fpe

10 mm Steel, 4 grams, 90/95 m/s (2 shots taken) -> 295/311 fps -> 18 Joules/13 fpe

12 mm Steel, 7 grams, 75 m/s (1 shot taken) -> 246 fps -> 19.7 Joules/14,5 fpe

I am actually quite happy with those speeds. The 12mm felt a little slow and the setup might be a bit overpowered for the 8mm, but it is a lot of fun.. and 8mm is just so much cheaper than 10 mm ;D

The pullweight isn't too bad to hold in a fistgrip... any other grip and it feels a little weak and uncontrolled.

Recently bought 4k 8mm balls for 29€, thats hard to beat.

5. Emitto

Emitto Veteran Member

Finally some TTF!!! :smug::smug::smug::rotfl:
      Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Shaku

Shaku New Member

I just love TTF.... especially when shooting overpowered setups. It just hurts less on the fingers.

And the chance of RTS seems to be smaller...

Though i gotta admit, there are some really nice looking ott frames out there.

7. Emitto

Emitto Veteran Member

"Though i gotta admit, there are some really nice looking ott frames out there."
      Yes those are the ones girls shoot! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
      Just Kidding OOTers just kidding! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. Stankard757

Stankard757 Well-Known Member

Nice. But I have to ask about the camouflaged one in the pic[emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

9. Shaku

Shaku New Member

The camoflaged one is a full size Taurus bought from proshotcatapult.

Material Aluminium :)

Gesendet von meinem S55 mit Tapatalk