SS Flippin Pickle | The Slingshot Community Forum

SS Flippin Pickle

Discussion in 'The PFS' started by Slinging Steel, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Member

Got my new Flippin Pickle out for a few minutes this morning.I think it’s awesome especially for a newbie PFS shooter. It’s comfortable to hold and fits great in the hand at least for me anyway. My accuracy wasn’t horrible considering it my second time shooting a PFS. My accuracy was around 60% at 8 to 10 meters. I banded it with some SS black .5 12 x 18 and shooting partial butterfly it’s sends 5/16 steel screaming down range. Lol 2F2D47A6-10DE-4806-8F5F-102F52874122.jpeg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 15
  2. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

Nice! Great shooting, looks like you caught on very quickly. If you are already cutting cans with a PFS, then you've got a good handle the shooting style.

That is a good size band for 5/16, and you might even be able to shoot 3/8" with the same band and get good results.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Member

Thank you Monroe. I’m enjoying it a lot and I’m surprising myself how well I’m doing with it. I just have to get dialed in with the new style of shooting. I was thinking 3/8 would probably be better for the bands but 5/16 is what I took out side with me. I’m going to try 3/8 next time.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  4. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

It is fun to sling big ammo at cans. I'm shooting a lot of 7/16" now with cans, but smaller size is good for precision and longer distance. The bigger the ammo the faster it drops.

5. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Member

I have an assortment of ammo sizes to try out when I first started shooting. I mostly shoot 5/16 for the ease and accuracy of it. I like shooting 7/16 with my hammer. It kills cans in a hurry for sure!

6. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Veteran Member

you started to walk the walk, 60% is very good score given your practice time, you can test a longer draw to see how it goes

7. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Member

Thank you Arturo. I owe a lot of my success to you and Monroe. I just got back in from shooting again with 3/8 ammo. Works much better with my band setup. I definitely want to try with a longer draw when I get a little more comfortable shooting.

8. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Member

@Arturo Borquez I started binge watching your videos last night. It is a pleasure watching you shoot. You are so smooth and accurate with your shooting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dgui

Dgui Veteran Member

I love the frame and it is a top pick.it is fit for all hands.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4