Slingshots and knives | The Slingshot Community Forum

Slingshots and knives

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AdamvVS, Oct 6, 2020.

1. AdamvVS

AdamvVS Veteran Member

Received a beautiful blade this past week and couldn't be happier (Well of course I could, but go with the flow, ok?) There is a guy ( Flyingsharkknives) im aware of that makes kick butt knife scales. Ive learned from watching him and his stuff. He had a contest and I won this handmade blade from Moreinmadeknives. What is really cool besides how pretty it looks is that its got a nice thick short blade. So will be able to shave some serious bark off some tree forks as well as perform many other tasks. It also came with a beautiful handmade sheath. 20201005_151358.jpg IMG_20201006_094449_054.jpg Of course im carrying a slingshot with me as well. I do not shoot this frame to often. The bands on it are old but thats ok Its like Roulette Will they give on my next shot? Haha!
    Do you have a favorite knife you choose to take with you more often
    Lets see some pictures!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 10
  2. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Lucky dog

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  3. AdamvVS

AdamvVS Veteran Member

Pure luck! Its a sweet blade

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  4. Y-onathan

Y-onathan New Member

A winning combination which you got there Adam! They just seem to match very well and do look good together. Now my two buddies are not quite that exclusive. It's a frame designed and manufactured by Tim Oram (Suffolk Slingshots), which he calls the Wanderer.
    The knife is a Victorinox Hunter Pro. However, I call them Pancho and Lefty and appreciate their companionship whenever I go for a stroll.

Attached Files:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  5. AdamvVS

AdamvVS Veteran Member

Poncho and Lefty are some great names slingshots are great and always nice to have a tool of a blade when out in the bush. Im sure that pair would fair well for sure

6. OldGuy

OldGuy New Member

Beautiful Sheepsfoot design. Pocket sheath is nice and functional. Scandi bevel?
    I own too many knives. Various sizes and profiles for greenwood carving. All Scandinavian bevels. Every day in the woods carry is an older Helle Fjellkniven. Older made in Portland,OR smaller Gerber pocket knife in the pocket. Sheepsfoot fixed with shackle key slot on the sailboat that is attached to me when sailing. Folding rigger's knife in the rigger's kit. Swiss Army in the first aid kits(boat and home)..... Did I mention I own too many knives.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2