Slingmail from Stankard757 | The Slingshot Community Forum

Slingmail from Stankard757

Discussion in 'The PFS' started by Palmettoflyer, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Active Member

The side of this hobby that is almost better than shooting a sling shot is getting sling mail. Especially when the enthusiasm from the builder is as big as Mike’s. Known as Stankard757 on the forums, he and I have been engaged in conversation for the past week or two and I inquired about his OPFS built from a Skim Board. I’m willing to bet that 95% of the guys on this forum have no clue what a skim board is, or what you would do with one (except probably hurt yourself)? Being a grown up beach bum myself, I was very interested and asked about getting a similar OPFS.

Skim boards are similar to skate boards but to save money, they leave the wheels off and you have to glide/ride them over the thin water at the edge of the ocean. Extremely more difficult than surfing and takes true skill to ride one. Lucky for me, I gave up about age 12 and moved on to other water sports. Modern day skim boards are made of similar ply and waterproof resins as skate boards and Mike’s old board made a really nice sling.

So cut through the chatter, Mike and I worked out a plan, and I received his OPFS today with a couple of extra surprises. First extra was that he cut a PFS Mule from the same skim board. Totally awesome and a perfect material for this design. The OPFS and PFS Mule are great complements to each other and both shoot amazingly well on long bands with 3/8” ammo. The other completely secret surprise was that he gifted me the PFS Natural that me made. Sweeeeeet! It is a perfect fit in the hand and the carving could not be a better fit. Truly amazing natural with a tung oil finish. I am not sure, but the wood appears to be maple, or very similar.

Here are pictures and a couple short videos. Enjoy, and thank you Mike!!!

To make sure the frames were safe in shipping, he put plenty of air around the contents! Just kidding and greatly appreciate you running to the PO after a weekend of out of town work.
    Package Inside.JPG

Three awesome PFS frames!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::smug:
    Sling Mail Contents.JPG

All dressed up and waiting for the rain to stop for their debut on the shooting range. Sling Mail 2.JPG

Yep, works!!!
    PFS Natty Can Cut.JPG

Yep, works!!! PFS Mule Can Cut.JPG
    Thank you Mike, these are AWESOME!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 11
  2. andypandy

andypandy Active Member

Sweet frames congrats man

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  3. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Nice mail !
    Grew up in Imperial Beach on the border “at the beach “San Diego” to Huntington Beach
    I think we invented them skim board things back in the 60s 70’s along with skateboard
    Great way to eat shit ! And love it !

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Stankard757

Stankard757 Member

Glad you like them, Monroe. You diffentely do them more justice than me, but I'll get there.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  5. Palmettoflyer

Thanks Andy, Mike did great making these.

6. Palmettoflyer

Clint, thanks.

Didn't know there was a beach on the left coast! The time I was in San Diego, it was all rocks and cliffs. The southern right coast is all flat sand. Perfect for Skim boards. Outgoing tides were awesome.

7. Palmettoflyer

Thank you again for making and sending them to me. You'll be a PFS expert shot soon enough. ;) Keep practicing, and most important, have fun with your practice. I'm only a few steps ahead of you. Give credit to Arturo and his continued devotion, inspiration, and support that makes us all better shooters.

8. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Veteran Member

awesome PFS's bunch you got from @Stankard757, great mail. Nice shooting videos Monroe ... enjoy :D

9. Palmettoflyer

Thank you Arturo, Mike is very gracious and quickly becoming a good PFS shooter. Be sure to see what he received on the other end. Funny that the mailman appeared at both our doors within minutes of each other on the same day.

Hope you are doing well in recovery and enjoying the slingshot show!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  10. Stankard757

Stankard757 Member

Hahaha. I was watching both through USPS Tracking like a Virginia vs South Carolina NASCAR race. Strangely hypnotic and time consuming.:)

11. Palmettoflyer

LOL, Everyone knows the best NASCAR drivers are from SC! :cool::D

12. Stankard757

Stankard757 Member

Hahaha Hey no offense taken not from VA. Just live here.Totally agree.

13. Big Ron

Big Ron Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator

Your avatar pic is that your 4 legged best friend it looks like a sweet heart,what is the breed if it's like mine i think the healthiest breed in the world good old fashioned mutt the breed of kings you can get them for free and the little ones under 10 or 15 lbs. can normally live 18 to 20 years that a good long friendship

14. Stankard757

Stankard757 Member

She's a Catahoula. Don't let the cuteness get you its a trap! She's an opinionated, stubborn, back talking teenager and a pain is my ass, but she's mine.

• Funny Funny x 1