Slingmail from Pro Shot! | The Slingshot Community Forum

Slingmail from Pro Shot!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Sergeant Slingshot, Jul 29, 2021.

By Sergeant Slingshot on Jul 29, 2021 at 12:12 AM
  1. Sergeant Slingshot

Sergeant Slingshot Member

Placed an order with Pro Shot catapults in the UK a couple weeks ago for one of the Gamekeeper Rabbit Stopper MK2 frames. It came in the other day and after banding it with flats and shooting it, I knew I needed something on the handle to give me some grip. I thought about dimping the surface with a dremel, but I didn't wanna mess up the aluminum by doing that, so I broke out the super fiber wrap material from GZK and did my first ever wrap job. After that, I decided to give pseudo tapered tubes a go. I made a set of tabs from a Celtic Catty leather pouch, and made a set of 1636 pseudo taper bands. I'm a flat band guy, but tubes are super fun! I love the longevity and ease of shooting tubes, and think I'll run them for a while and see how I like them. I'd love to take some sort of game with tubes when the time comes, so I've got a few months to find out what's best!
    Any tube shooters here that hunt with them? What setups do you like the best? I don't do full looped, only singles or these pseudo tapered sets.[​IMG]

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Sergeant Slingshot, Jul 29, 2021.

1. andypandy

andypandy Well-Known Member

Hunt with pseudo tapered all the time, 1832 with 3/8th steel they’re super quiet and last a while.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    2. wobblywill

wobblywill Well-Known Member

I like to use 2050 single tubes maxed out with 10 mm lead for hunting

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. The preacher

The preacher Well-Known Member

Nice !

Sent from my MAX_10 using Tapatalk

4. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Looks great, I have the pheasant stopper, don't shoot it as much as I should, great frames from Pro shot.

5. Stream scoundrel

Stream scoundrel Member

I took a rabbit with 1632’s and 6mm steel…. Normally would never hunt with that setup but it was more of a hopefully this scares the shit out of this little bastard and he won’t come back to the garden…. Instead he dropped like a stone at about 15yds. Not advocating the setup more so a tribute to good ole tubes lol while I love my flat bands I think I’m always gonna be a tube shooter mainly call me crazy but it works for me! Also the 6mm killed via penetration not blunt force trauma, a first for me.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    6. Island made

Island made New Member

here here! I seen the proof! This is a testimony to a well placed shot. And it was a beauty my friend.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    7. Stream scoundrel

Stream scoundrel Member

Thanks Shane greatly appreciated my friend! :) one distant day we might get a hunt and fish together! Hell maybe even break out the enduros!