Slingmail from GZK CHINA - Band Making Materials and Other Goodies - Lightning Fast Delivery | The Slingshot Community Forum

Slingmail from GZK CHINA - Band Making Materials and Other Goodies - Lightning Fast Delivery

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by lauregami, Jun 1, 2020.

By lauregami on Jun 1, 2020 at 10:19 PM
  1. lauregami

lauregami New Member

Hey everyone, I hope everyone is having a great day so far. I've got a lot of excitement ahead of me as my order from GZK CHINA has finally arrived! I ordered a big haul of stuff for making my own bands, and got some other goodies as well. I think I said I was thinking of doing a video, but unfortunately I chickened out. (I'm incredibly shy about showing myself and my messy house on camera.) Please accept this written review instead. Hopefully this snapshot will suffice to demonstrate everything that I ordered. I'm showing this to some friends so forgive me in advance for overexplaining some things that don't need explaining.

First I want to thank and commend GZK CHINA for his INCREDIBLE order delivery time. I ordered these on May 25 - exactly one week ago - and they arrived today. To call an overseas package mailing delivered in a week lightning fast is an understatement in normal circumstances. To do it during a pandemic is mind-blowing. GZK CHINA, if you are reading this, thank you so much for your fast shipment.

Clockwise from the top:
    • GZK CHINA hat. Very comfortable hat, really glad I got it.
    • Bags for holding bands. He threw in more than I ordered, I'm pretty sure. These will protect the latex and elongate its life as much as possible.
    • Blue pouch material. This is some kind of leather microfiber that I will use to make my own pouches for my slingshot bands. The blue is a nice color, but I wish I ordered more material. How will I make the pouches? By using what's immediately next to it:
    • Pouch cutting die. I can use this with a hammer to cut pouches. I ordered a size that goes well with the ammunitions I primarily shoot which is 3/8in. I mostly shoot clay but do have rubber and steel as well.
    • Thread and amber band, for tying pouches to bands, etc. Really excited to try out the amber band.
    • Latex to make my own bands. This is the clearance white latex that was for sale; I got a few different thicknesses to try out and see what I like best.
    • A resin Feihu Fork which came with a bandset and a very nice red bag. Can't wait to try it out. I much prefer shooting over the top.
    • A template for making tapered bands. That's what I'll actually use to measure them out. Though it's more of a learning tool, I think. I don't know how helpful it will be for making bands in bulk.
    • A rotary cutter, for cutting the latex.
    • A bandset-making rig. It's a clamp setup that'll let you tie your pouch to your latex. Looking forward to assembling this and using it.
    • The extra goodies! Some yellow latex, some extra string, a button which is definitely going on my slingshot case, and a bunch of pouches. If the purpose of that is to entice me to buy more pouch dies -- it's definitely working.
    I'm so excited I'm going to spend a good chunk of tonight clearing off my desk in the back and making it into my craft space. It's where I'll make bands and slingshots, and I'll probably fold paper and stuff there too.

This is not a paid endorsement AT ALL - I paid him!! - I am just so blown away by the excellent service that I have to recommend him for all your bandmaking needs. You should also check out his Youtube, which I am going to link to here if that's all right. His Youtube showcases a lot of amazing shooting and a lot of the things that he is selling. There is also a link to his shop from there.

Youtube - GZK CHINA

GZK CHINA more than delivered on this big haul and has earned a loyal customer. I will be ordering from him again -- soon.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by lauregami, Jun 1, 2020.

• Tags:
    1. Flipgun

Flipgun Veteran Member

Straight over the edge of the cliff with all flags flying and the band playing! :D That will keep you up and running for a while. A suggestion is that you get a rubber mallet to use on the die cutter. I saw that you got the band template, but I suggest that you get a cutting mat to cut the pouches on and save the edge on your die.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Covert5

Covert5 Well-Known Member

Huge score! Happy sling'n!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    3. AppalachiaFlipShooter

AppalachiaFlipShooter New Member

I'd use either a rubber hammer or a vise with the pouch die. I have 2 of them and a hammer can knock the metal out of the wood very easily. Happy slingin'!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1