SimpleShot Products now Available from ProShot UK | Page 2 | The Slingshot Community Forum

SimpleShot Products now Available from ProShot UK

Discussion in 'Simple-Shot Shooting Sports' started by SimpleShot, May 22, 2017.

1. Bruce

Bruce Guest

I have a Scout, Torque and Axiom OCU....I like the Scout best and by a fairly large margin.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  2. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

I have the red, I'm not really a fan of ocularis plugs but it's a nice frame. I would like them to do this frame without the ocularis plugs then it would definitely be a regular shooter for me.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. FPV

FPV New Member

I am planning on getting the Ocularis because of the plugs; never had a commercial plug frame. What is it you don't like about them? They don't feel comfortable to shoot or not as accurate as the other fixing methods?

I have a bunch of naturals, board cuts and "cheap" commercial slingshots... but this Ocularis would be my first higher-end purchased slingshot.

4. Bruce

Bruce Guest

They don't stay fit properly as made for me. I'm not one to fiddle around with double banding that area or using external plugs. They slip, plain and simple. If one goes missing, I can't use the frame and I'm out $30 for another pair shipped to Canada.

Some guys don't like the rounded fork tips

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2019
  5. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

I just like a flat fork tip to aim from plus I don't like the look of them, they are like Micky mouse ears. I have had issues with band slippage but that was probably down to me.

6. FPV

FPV New Member

Thank you both for your feedback. A really good ss with non-slip mounting bands or looped tubes is exactly the reason why I wanted the Ocularis. I really thought they are designed to stay in a permanent position without any slippage.
    Thanks for posting your experiences.
    yeah, the plugs have the potential of getting lost and the frame is useless afterwards, very annoying.

I made my own plug frame with cheap rubber plugs from China. It worked out fine so far but I thought the first commercial frame should be the Ocularis. Not so sure now, besides I would have to move first anyhow and that would be in April.