Simple-shot copy | The Slingshot Community Forum

Simple-shot copy

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Ukprelude, Dec 13, 2017.

By Ukprelude on Dec 13, 2017 at 2:44 PM
  1. Ukprelude

Ukprelude Well-Known Member

Nathan, now this really must annoy you mate! That's simple-shot being ripped off now, watch out Bill they will be coming for you're designs next!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Ukprelude, Dec 13, 2017.

1. StixShooter

StixShooter Veteran Member

Wow! No shame I guess—Flip clips and all. The torque is a total knock off too.

2. AZ Stinger

AZ Stinger Veteran Member

Such is the world of slingshots

• Agree Agree x 4
    3. Michael1971

Michael1971 Veteran Member

You know you have a good quality product when China starts making knock offs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    4. Alan

Alan Veteran Member

Looks a great buy until the fork snaps and pops your eyeball.
      I’ll stick with the real thing :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. SimpleShot

SimpleShot Active Member Vendor

We heard about that...we do what we do best, and will continue to do so- making slingshots and having fun!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 8
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    6. AZ Stinger

AZ Stinger Veteran Member

I'm sure there is a huge difference in quality

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. Alan

Alan Veteran Member

Totally agree.
      Some things are great from China.
      I bought this plunger clock for a spine gauge I’m making. £15 including p&p. Don’t have a clue how they make money on this.
      Thing is though, if it fails It won’t knock my teeth out.
      Some things are worth paying for...

B815A781-58A9-4A2F-923C-32D941FB13A7.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. ZAttach

ZAttach Guest

The only
      please do a comparison test and post. Tensil strength , quality etc. warning of fakes

Everyone that has bought from you knows you sell a good product. I simply trust your product.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Jim S.

Jim S. Veteran Member

The sling shot copies are selling for 1.55 US with free shipping, on Amazon, for the Torque and the ?
      sorry simple forgot the name of your other frame. How can they do that ? I know the HDPE is relatively cheap to mold but ?? . Seems like a concerted effort to hurt Simple Shot's business ! I guess they have not gone after Bill Hayes sling shots yet but I am sure they will !!

10. Marshal Moroni

Marshal Moroni Well-Known Member

The original and still the best. Immigration may be the sincerest form of flattery, I just feel bad for those who don't know ant better and get ripped off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

11. StixShooter

You have to check the listing—$1.55 is a band set. The sling is more like $13-$14.

12. StixShooter

It's probably not flimsy—I own a bunch of chinese POM and other material slings and they're tough as nails, so that's a spurious argument against these products.

What I don't like that these are so un-apologetically direct copies of existing designs, down to the pattern on the grip of the "scout" and the texturing on the "torque". I'm a bit more sympathetic to people "riffing" on existing designs to come up with variants, but these are pretty blatant.

@SimpleShot, what do you think of remote vendors who could sell some of your popular products (ie. Torque, Scout, Occularis designs) at a competitive price in their respective markets (ie. Canada, UK)? That would be one way to take away the price "edge" that the Chinese have. I'm thinking smaller volume sellers that could sell some via ebay, and some via the forums... basically let a forum member do a bulk buy on the popular frames at wholesale rates, and then they take responsibility to sell them themselves (via ebay/facebook/forums).

13. BillyBob

BillyBob Well-Known Member

I wouldn't dare shoot something that I got off a no name seller for less than £10 on ebay!! Seems like a fast way to get hit in the face!

I will stick to products made by people with a passion for the hobby rather than those who are only interested in parting the gullible from their money!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    14. Bruce

Bruce Guest

According to some, every slingshot ever created is based on Bill's design....
      @ $13-14USD, you'd be stupid to not get a real Torque from SimpleShot on sale for $19.99 and a pouch to get free USA shipping. Granted I don't get free shipping, but there is absolutely no way I'd support a cheap knockoff like that.

As you can see by my Avatar, I'm a fan of The Torque ;)

15. Blindshooter

Blindshooter Active Member

Actually every slingshot is based off of God's design. Formed stick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    16. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

There is a certain plywood making catapult maker in the UK who has that very same opinion.

I'm sure Nathan isn't going to loose any sleep over these cowboys, they are probably an ok slingshot but the only people buying these are newbies who don't know any better, I would take it as a compliment but with the brand quality you have the regulars will always come back for more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Michael1971

Michael1971 Veteran Member

To be honest at the beginning of this year, I would of probably brought one or both of these frames for them prices. But now I have more knowledge about slingshots I wouldn’t touch them. They might look the same and could be good sturdy frames, but they are missing the simple shot name that enthusiasts know and trust.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    18. MT100

MT100 Veteran Member

It is a shame but ultimately inevitable, I guess you know you've got an international brand when it gets knocked off. I'll be sticking to what I trust.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Billy Fugett

Billy Fugett Well-Known Member

I have bought them and don't give a rats a$$ who cares. I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone that doesn't even know me thinks of my morals either. When people start telling me how I have to spend the money I earn I'll tell them what they can kiss. That is of course unless those people are earning it for me. You have to own both before you judge the quality as not as good. I've spent well over $1,300 at Simple shot in the last 19 months so I don't owe them Sh!t. I'm tired of the marketing trash coming from them anyway. You have to log on and buy something in "X" number of days or you lose yer VIP Gold Status. Matters not if you neither need or want something you get a buy in X number of days ultimatum. WGAF? You know where you can stick your VIP gold status? I think that's the most insulting sales strategy I have seen in this entire business. What double digit IQ moron came up with that crap anyway? Count me OUT. The crap gets added to your cart and you can't uncheck it. I've tried unsubscribing online but that has no effect. I actually had to call them and tell them to get my email off their scam list.
      Simple Shot eMail.jpg

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 1