Undefined - Scrapyard Challenge | The Slingshot Community Forum

Undefined Scrapyard Challenge

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by chris parkinson, Oct 30, 2020.

By chris parkinson on Oct 30, 2020 at 11:32 AM
  1. chris parkinson

chris parkinson New Member

Howdy folks.

Just received the screw bolts to band up my new build using Simpleshot flipclip X band attachments.

This thing feels much more comfortable and supported in the hand compared to my original Scout, possibly due to the thicker frame.

Here is a quick video of me shooting it for the first time, took a few shots before I was on target but after spending 5 minutes with it I am hitting target a lot more, just need to put a few hours in now and get back to where I was a few years ago.
    Thanks to those who left such encouraging comments on my last post, I really do take inspiration from you all.

Happy shooting...

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 9

Comments

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by chris parkinson, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Nicely done!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

Great looking catty and nice shooting!

3. chris parkinson

chris parkinson New Member

Thankyou

I really enjoyed building it and very happy how it turned out.
      At moment my shooting is terrible, I keep missing a 2 inch target from approx 30 feet, on target about 20% of time.
      I am having trouble with consistency, keeping anchor point the same every shot and tilting the frame sending a few shots into orbit, also guilty of pinching the pouch, not the ammo causing speed bump effect.
      I watched a video of Nathan Masters pointing out all the mistakes people make causing fork hits and stray shots, I will be working on technique on my next session and hopefully improve my hit ratio.

4. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Knowing what to fix, and actually doing it takes time and practice. Pouch release is the hardest aspect to master and is the single most important variable in the equation. Shooting paper will give you a good idea of release consistency. If your shots group consistent, then you have a good release. If your shots are scattered, your release needs improvement.