Ron's Slingmail and shooting video | The Slingshot Community Forum

Ron's Slingmail and shooting video

Discussion in 'The PFS' started by Palmettoflyer, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

The day after getting the great frames from John @cromag, it only got better with the delivery of another package. Our good brother Ron @The preacher sent me the latest Purpleheart PFS shooter that he made. I had no idea he was sending it to me. Ron just mentioned he put a package into the mail to me.

This frame is absolutely beautiful and a great shooter as well. Ron changed up some existing designs to create this new shape and I can say it is a winner.

Also, an added feature is the thumb lanyard. Not sure where the idea originated, but Darrell @SLING-N-SHOT shared this with me earlier this year. I shared it with Ron recently and it is a great alternative to the standard wrist lanyard. Easy to make and easy to use.

Thanks Ron for the great looking and good shooting pickle fork shooter!

IMG_7981.JPG

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 14
  2. SLING-N-SHOT

SLING-N-SHOT Veteran Member

Sweet frame and love the video as well …..glad to see you back at it my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
  3. Smitty

Smitty Well-Known Member

Right on new pad new frames new catch your living it up :) nice shooting! Think I seen that kind lanyard on a flicks handle less frames cool idea

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 7
  4. The preacher

The preacher Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like the purpleheart pfs.

The video is fantastic, it's evident by the video that it works well for you. Very good shooting!

Sent from my MAX_10 using Tapatalk

5. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Good lookin lucky week.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
  6. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Veteran Member

you just made my day Monroe ... very very very nice video wow !!! ... your new location is fantastic, neighbors far away, the woods, your new house ... perfect !!!
    let me say my friend I was silently waiting this video hahaha ... great shooting, great style with a beautiful PFS and the thumb lanyard idea. btw the BSB latex you sent me is the best I've tested to date.
    thank you very much for sharing my friend, really enjoyed a lot
    Arturo

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
  7. Palmettoflyer

Thanks Darrell, I like your surprise too! Good to be getting settled in the new place. Now if I could just find my sandpaper that I packed!

Thanks Jason, I'll say that the thumb lanyard is the only design that I really feel comfortable using. Also, figured that since I am always encouraging others to shoot videos, I better do one myself!

Thank you! It is a great frame and will get lots of use. Videos are actually pretty easy to make and the hardest one is the first one. Fun to show off good craftsmanship.

Thank you Pat! Yes it has been a good week for sure. Only problem is picking which one to shoot next.

Arturo, it is a pleasure to share the gift of shooting skills that you have taught us. I am hoping soon to video popping bottle caps with my Conus! Not only are you the Master Slingshot Shooter and Craftsman, but an awesome videographer as well. You have set the benchmark on sharing the fun and excitement of shooting with your simple but entertaining videos.

Good to hear you like the BSB latex. I am still shooting it too. Only dislike is that it changes color with age, but still seems to shoot the same. BSB does have a yellow in the same thickness, but I have not yet tried it to compare.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 6
  8. Hamid

Hamid Active Member

Very nice PFS, very nice view and last but not least very nice shooting :tu:
    Also very much like that thumb lanyard :tu:
    Thanks for sharing.

9. Island made

Island made Member

Beautiful frame and fantastic shooting! Thanks for the video:)

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  10. Palmettoflyer

Ron makes an awesome PFS, thank you for the comments.

Thank you Shane, it's nice to share a video from time to time.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  11. StringSlap

StringSlap Veteran Member

Great pfs! Great shooting! Great lanyard! Great house and property!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2