(R)evolution from Clever Moniker | The Slingshot Community Forum

(R)evolution from Clever Moniker

Discussion in 'Slingshot Building' started by giovanni1971, Aug 6, 2020.

By giovanni1971 on Aug 6, 2020 at 11:13 AM
  1. giovanni1971

giovanni1971 New Member

Hello All,

I revisited the (R)evolution template, because I needed it in DXF format for my CNC.
    I have it ready; do you think I can upload it here, so experts can check it and found any issue?
    I cannot reach the author (Clever Moniker) in any way, so I'm asking you (moderators?) what to do.
    Moreover, I would be more than happy to share what I did, even in DXF format.

Ciao,
    Giovanni

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Slingshot Building' started by giovanni1971, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Big Ron

Big Ron Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator

Sure upload pics of all angles with a description of the materials someone can look it over and yes i believe you can upload the format,i'm not into the new stuff coping saws and a drill locked in a vice with sanding drums,or just a pocket knife and a tree fork,all the best to you my friend

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    2. giovanni1971

giovanni1971 New Member

Thank you!
      So, here are the files, a PDF and a dxf.
      What do you think?
      I drawn it for tube and office bands...

Attached Files:

3. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Well-Known Member

I am not a tube expert and have no comment regarding converting the TTF banded frame design to tubes. It will be interesting to hear how that works for you.

Something is wrong with the PDF that you posted. I downloaded it twice and confirmed that it has an error preventing it from opening.

The DXF file is ok. Looks like a Revolution frame with holes in the tips. Is that what you wanted? Maybe some tube shooters will give their advice on banding a TTF tube frame.

Good luck and be sure to post pictures as you make it.

4. thehappyhippy

thehappyhippy Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member Admin

I couldn't get the files to work either but cant wait to see what you come up with it sounds like it willbe very cool .

5. SLING-N-SHOT

SLING-N-SHOT Veteran Member

Same here, pdf file not working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. giovanni1971

giovanni1971 New Member

Ops, sorry for my mistake.
      I have no idea on what happened to the file.
      Here it is, verified and working.
      What I'd like to hear from you is your thought about the fork: is it OK for tubes?
      any suggestion?

Attached Files:

7. giovanni1971

giovanni1971 New Member

Hello,

Just to test the design, I cut it from a 19 mm thick HDPE sheet; here below the result.
      I still have to file and smooth it, now it is practically unusable (notice the sharp edge).
      I also decided to do not drill any hole with my CNC; so now I can experiment on the prototype what kind of attachment/style I prefer (i'm still new, no idea what to expect from a "real" slingshot).
      It fits my hand quite perfectly; but I'm afraid I will prefer a mule slingshot, this one seems to keep my wrist too much twisted (is this whaat you mean with "lateral" slingshot?

Attached Files:

8. Palmettoflyer

Nothing wrong with your prototype that a dremel tool and a little sand paper won't fix.

Round off the sharp edges, tie some flat bands on it, and have fun.

Looks like a nice frame to me!

9. giovanni1971

giovanni1971 New Member

Any picture of the best way to handle it?
      I'm trying to understand how to find the right position for my fingers, and the right way to handle it in manner to start to use it the right way.

10. Palmettoflyer

Shape the thumb and pointer finger pinch to be comfortable. Recommend a lanyard while you are learning.

When you pull on the bands, you will feel the frame settle into your hand.

The Revolution frame is a very good design.

11. KawKan

KawKan Veteran Member

I think Clever Moniker intended the fingers to fall on the convex curve of the handle, as in one of your photos. That's how I like to hold mine. But I know some people prefer to hold it with the fingers on the concave side of the handle.
      My favorite way to attach tubes to a flatband design is with tabs - similar to half a pouch.
      MicartaChamp.JPG

12. Peter Recuas

Peter Recuas Veteran Member

Hi my Friend, welcome to the forum :)
      https://www.slingshotcommunity.com/threads/my-trade-with-almightyox.26001/
      1. The above is an R10 as God intended, all of us would like one like that, in that case the piece you have cut would only be the core and the ergo scales would be missing.
      2. If you are not so demanding, the piece you now have can work very well by lowering the edges little by little until you feel it comfortable.
      3. As for the tube holes, a fork with three holes screams I am a newbie and I need a warning (sorry for the bluntness) one is more than enough to put a single or double rig, I would only keep the central one
      4. No matter what you think now this is just your first girl and you will be soon looking around as we all do ;)

from minute 13:30 but you should see it from the beginning (if you have already seen it, you should see it again)
      good luck :)
      Post Data: This is a video from my good friend Pablo, he is an Italian globetroter and one of the best shooters I know, Say hello for me if you go to his site ;)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
      • Agree Agree x 1