Poll - Pouch Poll. | The Slingshot Community Forum

Poll Pouch Poll.

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Pathfinder, Oct 3, 2020.

By Pathfinder on Oct 3, 2020 at 9:21 AM
  1. Pathfinder

Pathfinder New Member

This Poll is to gain knowledge of pouches used by the general slingshot community and particular members.. To simply log what people are using and to maybe revisit this topic in the future to see how it compares and if it changes. Maybe it help the pouch makers out. No simple detail is too small in accuracy and purpose.

I am researching any short comings/designs/availability issues/materials/personal preferences and other. NO I am not going to be a pouch vendor. Alot of time goes into making of the slingshot/design and band selection for a particular use of the slingshot. But there is not great talk about the pouch in which carries the ammo…… Or I simply have overlooked it through out the years.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
?

What type of SlingShot Shooting activity are you most interested ?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2020.
  1. Hunting

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. PLinking

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  3. Competitive Shooting.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Hobby experimenting

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Fishing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other. Please add comment if you check this block.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Pathfinder, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Pathfinder

Pathfinder New Member

Trying to do a poll with more than one question…….
      I had a few more questions for this poll.

Please answer above poll and comment on:

1) Favorite pouch Design and size. For your favorite Ammo and ammo size.
      2) Favorite Material Pouch is made out of
      3) Do you make your own?
      4). If you dont make your own who do you buy from?

2. Pathfinder

Pathfinder New Member

1 Simple retangular . Size. 2 1/4” (58mm) x 9/16” (15mm); 1/4” (6mm) centering hole. Favorite Ammo 3/8Steel BB
      2 Laminated Canvas with Leather Navy Seal. ( See Picture below)
      3 I make my own sometimes. Out of any leather I can find.
      4 Warrior Pouches

I am not a Paid sponsor or friend of any Pouch vendor.
      20171219_142748.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
      • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    3. SniperKing10K

SniperKing10K New Member

1.I like similar to the apache or viking style pouches for 3/8" ammo or .177 BBs not sure on dimensions, center hole optional
      2. Cowhide leather, kangaroo leather, pigskin leather, microfiber
      3. I make my own about as much as i buy, I'm am upholsterer so i have ample access to leather
      Warrior, simpleshot/ supersure, GZK

4. Pathfinder

Pathfinder New Member

@sinperking10k. I should have mentioned I like SUPERSURE @Rayshot just as much as warrior pouches.
      @SniperKing10K Do you have a steel rule bender? Also how does pigskin compare to cow hide?

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    5. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Hunting is my end game goal but I target shoot and play
      just as much and out of all I’ve tried the warrior patches I have got my hands on I seem to like them a lot , I had a kangaroo pouch that lasted a long time I liked I’d like to try some more of them I’m just getting into new pouches and bands also
      Would love to get my hands on a couple weaved ones those are cool
      Got leather just haven’t unpacked any of those leather tools it’s going to be a while . Always start to order some then never do because I don’t know what I’m ordering so I skip it Butt ! Procrastination will get you every time I am running low I have a lot of pouches but I don’t like them and now that I am on just three eights and 1/4 inch steelies the holes I have on a lot of my pouches are too big because they were for marbles . :( so I watching this post ! Thought about a die but then I have to order that from China and it will take six months if I even do get it . Got great leather scissors that would be an easy gig got too much on my plate I would like to know the difference of the leather for gripping of steelies and which ones last longer also I see people tie their pouch with the V flat facing down on PFS and then some facing up I have tried both and when one of the masters sent me a conus already had bands on it The v was pointing down so I hope this post turns into a good conversation there’s a few things that I don’t know LOL very few :) butt I do know to keep well informed friends around you and that way you’re all smarter than the average bear “via this site” lol

6. Patrick Scott

Patrick Scott New Member

1. I really like the pit locating pouches from GZK. I use the B43 size for 5/16 steel and B46 size for 3/8 steel.
      2. They are made out of a synthetic material, and while it's not as supple as leather, it does not stretch. I am currently using the same pouch on my sixth set of bands, and its the same size as when I started.
      3. I have made my own in the past, but I was never happy with them.
      4. Here is the link: here.

7. Pathfinder

Pathfinder New Member

@Patrick Scott [QUOTE="Patrick Scott, post: 616037, member: 17683"
      2They are made out of a synthetic material, and while it's not as supple as leather, it does not stretch. I am currently using the same pouch on my sixth set of bands, and its the same size as when I started.
      [/QUOTE]

That is pretty good. On your sixth set of bands for a pouch. I never really have tracked mine. I seen where Master Nate Masters posted a video where he had used the same pouch for at least a few years or more. I cant remember the exact time he has said. I should go back and re watch it. I do really like the kangaroo leather and the high quality leather Supersure uses.

8. Pathfinder

Pathfinder New Member

@Clint I remember humble Big Dawg @bigdh2000 explained some place about band angles (Vee they make) and the way to tie them. I use the Vee pointed down and tied to the outside of the bands. I mainly shoot OTT. Gangster Grip. Flat Tips that are 90degree angles. Not (U Shaped). Not sure if that matters, its just something I am familiar with. I venture TTF seldom. But I want to test an theory about POI "Point of Impact" between OTT and TTF before it gets too cold here. I am sure I could just research it, but I want to test my thoughts first. On Bill Hays FAQ webpage it appears the way you tie them either OTT or TTF doesn't matter for point of impact. Posted Here. https://pocketpredator.com/faq.html scroll half way down the page.

9. Stankard757

Stankard757 Well-Known Member

I believe I run the gambit for pouches.

On my PFS s' I run two Super Pouches a 68 and a 73 I got in a trade, along with 3 laminated leather pouches similar in size to the 73 I'm testing for a forum member.

On my standard slings I'm running two Dankung Liquid pouches, HTH microfiber pouches and several homemade leather pouches.

Dankung 2 1/4 long - 5/8 wide
      HTH is same
      Homemade leather 3 inch long - 5/8 wide[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

10. raventree78

raventree78 Member

pouch.jpg pouch.jpg 1)I shoot mostly 3/8 steel. I am not sure what pattern pouch cutting die I use but it is from GZK. Size 50mmx15mm or so.
      2) My Favorite Material Pouch is kangaroo leather.
      3) I punch my own out with a pouch die and a Harbor Freight one ton arbor press.
      4). I buy some here and there out of curiosity but mostly shoot my own.

11. OldGuy

OldGuy New Member

1. Warrior Apache for 3/8" steel and 9mm clay
      2. Kangaroo laminated
      3. No
      4. Warrior

Last order was awhile back. He sent me a few free samples. Couple days ago I finally got around to using. Looks to be the Navy Seal model. Canvas laminated to leather. Guessing roo leather. Similar supple and thin feel. The Apaches are lasting "forever". Probably be dust in the wind or maggot meat before I exhaust my supply. Thought I had found my "only" pouches. The Apache. Sort of like the Navy Seal. At least when new. An option for wet hands if wet leather gets slippery? The canvas at least when new seems to have more grip without impeding release.