OTT - Pablo's Passion | The Slingshot Community Forum

OTT Pablo's Passion

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by CanOpener, Jan 3, 2015.

By CanOpener on Jan 3, 2015 at 11:58 AM
  1. CanOpener

CanOpener Veteran Member

Hey guys and gals,
    This is a slingshot I made for a trade with Pablo. The frame is 6061 T-6 aluminum 1/2" thickness. The handle scale and base accent is stabilized boxelder burl wood. I finished the wood with super glue. about 6 coats and a sanding and buffing at the end. I engraved a pattern on the frame and base with my Engine lathe. This is my "Joes Rib" frame which is a slightly smaller version of my "Ergo Bone" design. This frame is made for Right hand Hold. I made intergrated band clips and used stainless steel screws to attach them. The handle scale screws are stainless steel I turn down the size of the head so it is more compact. The handle scale is removable and is not glued on this allow for wood movement :) You could also make other scales and change them as you please :)
    Pablo is making me a Spanish style slingshot in trade. :) I posted this to surprise him. :) Hey Pablo I am done! :)

2015-01-01 07.29.23.jpg 2015-01-01 07.29.32.jpg 2015-01-01 07.30.32.jpg 2015-01-01 07.31.16.jpg 2015-01-01 07.32.01.jpg 2015-01-01 07.32.40.jpg 2015-01-01 07.33.20.jpg 2015-01-01 07.33.32.jpg 2015-01-01 07.33.49.jpg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 10
Randy Knapp is a self-taught artist. Born and raised in the sun swept hills of eastern Oregon. His earlier career began in a glass shop where for ten years he worked to become a master glazier.

In his spare time he pursued his love for woodworking. Growing tired of the everyday grind and feeling very passionate about the possibilities of woodworking. He struck out on his own and started Knapp Studios in 1988.

Among his work he finds time to share his love of slingshots, and the creations he's become known for.

For more information on Knapp Studios, visit:
http://knappstudios.com/

Comments

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by CanOpener, Jan 3, 2015.

1. squirrel squasher

squirrel squasher Well-Known Member

Your work never seizes to amaze me!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    2. hgward

hgward Member

One day I hope to have trade worthy fodder. Would you please consider starting a "Hey I need a few bucks" list and please put me at the top of it? Scrolling from bottom up, I saw one of your post recently where you said "I need flip clips". For a second I was all excited, I was just going to order a bunch from Nathan and pass em' on. Then I scrolled up a little further and saw the shooter the tread was built around. Oh yeah, great, custom machined flip clips. You would take pity on me if you could have heard the moan that revelation evoked.
      All the best and happy New Year.

3. gaboxolo

gaboxolo Member

4. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Well-Known Member

Wowzers! Sweet rib! Magnificent as always Randy!!! Pablo will be very happy :)

5. Big Ron

Big Ron Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator

Randy you are without a doubt a craftsman of the highest caliber in the sport today,your friend and admirer Big Ron

p.s. with such simple materials in never stops to amaze me the beauty you bring out of them:confused:

6. Whittler

Whittler New Member

Good Lord that's pretty! I need more tools, lots of tools. Dave

7. DogBox

DogBox Active Member

That's a really nice piece @CanOpener. I am sure @Pablo Pedrosa will be really surprised! And I am sure the Spanish Shooter he has done for you will be Just as sweet! SeƱor!
      You set the bar though...

8. Pablo Pedrosa

Pablo Pedrosa Guest

Many,many thanks Randy I'm working with your slingshot.That's beautiful!

9. Emitto

Emitto Veteran Member

WOW how I missed this post. Awesome Randy!
      You lucky dog Pablo!
      Cheers.
      Emitto.

10. Pablo Pedrosa

Pablo Pedrosa Guest