OTT short draw band alignment | The Slingshot Community Forum

OTT short draw band alignment

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by AppalachiaFlipShooter, Jan 16, 2021.

By AppalachiaFlipShooter on Jan 16, 2021 at 2:15 PM
  1. AppalachiaFlipShooter

AppalachiaFlipShooter Member

I've come to the wise sages of slingdom for hidden knowledge.
    Short draw ott is something I want to master, but for whatever reason certain caveats evade me. The latest is band alignment. Having shot primarily butterfly for ages, I can't get the clean line I'm used to having to sight down. Idk if it's the way I'm tying my pouch on or what, but the bands don't line up like they should for whatever reason. I'll post pictures when I get the chance to try and let all of you see what I'm seeing

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by AppalachiaFlipShooter, Jan 16, 2021.

1. johnnyvol

johnnyvol New Member

I saw this posted somewhere and started attaching my bands like this. I like it a lot, but that's not saying much. I still shoot em all over the place. I shoot left hand hold so I suppose it would be reversed for a right hand holder.

Attached Files:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    2. The preacher

The preacher Member

I attach my bands like this to, really works great for me. Good straight sight line down the bands.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

3. AppalachiaFlipShooter

How is it different from regular tying? Is one side tied differently from the other?

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Veteran Member

5. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

Flip, you beat me to it. Probably copied the link at moment you pasted it.

This should be required reading/watching for any PFS shooter. I haven't gotten into this habit for short draw, but probably should. Once you do this, there is no going back. Greatly reduced the chance of RTS with long bands, and would improve the band view for short draw bands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AppalachiaFlipShooter

This is how I tied pouches for ttf. I never used it for ott before. I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks guys! Right now knowing not being able to line my shots up is the culprit, this is what my grouping looks like at 8 yards. I'm shooting bbs, just to work on my release and getting short draw down. This might be good for some, but it's absolutely terrible for me. I'm used to knocking the center out at 10+ meters. Not this. [​IMG]

7. johnnyvol

johnnyvol New Member

I come from an archery background, so I'm naturally drawn to fingers in line with the string, or in this case the pouch and tips. Tied at the forks this way and holding the pouch vertical the bands are in alignment with the fork tips.

I hope that made sense, it's simpler than I probably made it sound.