Need conus help | The Slingshot Community Forum

Need conus help

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Clint, Jun 4, 2020.

By Clint on Jun 4, 2020 at 10:31 AM
  1. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Ok so my buddy “Keven “ “dog” best tracker of man walking !!!!! Ex- para rescue gunsmith , cop , police detective .
    I got him a conus -tack 12 I think from
    @william wallace a gift to keven from him to help out his situation
    .situation - Keven got bit by a Black mamba in Korea we were on patrol he went in to dBrief never came back to the apartment , Long story short I find him the next day in the brig in a coma The MPs thought he was drunk and since we both don’t drink I had a special ops medic badge they let me in the jail three months later he came out of the coma :) so 35 years later the black mamba is killing him making his bones decay from the inside so if he breaks anything nothing works ! As a cop running around a corner falls down and breaks his thumb 15 hand operations so he has the parade wave he can’t bend his wrist too much he doesn’t have use of his thumb sucks for a gunsmith
    :(
    So I bought him “the hammer” and a wide fork bonegrip . And he has tryed my conus
    Love it but I’m not giving up my flex conus to anybody :) so got him one
    Now !
    He buys bands already tied to the pouch but he cannot tie the band on the conus are the Bone Grip
    So
    @william wallace , @Mr Muz , @Bone ,@Arturo Borquez anybody
    Need quick band set up on a tack 12 conus
    Or need a conus made to do that ! Was thinking just drilling a hole put quick clips “like scout etc... but I love the conus and would hate to f—— on up !:)
    Ideas !
    Kevin loves shooting slingshots he’s been to the hardware store trying to design slots for his bands instead of ties The man has been in five combat zones he s a war hero two silver stars ,a cop and one bitchen guy and I need not see him making up anything we are too smart and can make something cool for him lol “I m not smart “ that’s why I need help
    If needed I will send conus to somebody to have it done right our instructions
    I beleave the red one is on its way
    Not sure if it’s the flex or tack 12 think 12
    0AE1DAD1-7AC5-475A-B360-F29B75AEE440.jpeg
    So if we can drill and put a grove in it fro the quick clips cool but if not
    The Man‘s birthday is July 6 I’ll buy one nice made If needed
    And a special thanks to Mr. William Wallace for donating this to Kevin something he will shoot every day ! He loves the Bone Grip but won’t shoot it because he’s afraid the bands will bust and he can’t tie more on it is that a shame or what . The guy is 10 hours away so I can’t just run over there and fix his shit :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Clint, Jun 4, 2020.

1. william wallace

william wallace Active Member

Like to help you out Clint
      But with the forks being bevelled
      Think wrap and tuck is all you can do
      BTW checked the tracking your parcel
      Is in New York

2. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Cool shouldn’t take too long now !
      That’s what I thought butt ! He loves the shape of the conus and the way it fits his hand so much we have to figure out something for him so I will figure it out !
      Even if I have to make one :( I want him to have a real one that’s nice !
      Again thank you very much he will love it . Even if he hast to pay the kid down the street to Tie on bands , I tried to teach his wife how to tie but she will not have anything to do with it ! I’ll hold my thoughts back on that !!!!!!

3. wobblywill

wobblywill Well-Known Member

Can't the top of the forks be slotted so you can put band in folded like some of the chinese frames

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

4. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Top slots, wouldn't work on the flexible one but would for the solid one.

5. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

6. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Ya that what he’s doing with he one he’s trying to make top slot ! He might be a hell of a gunsmith but he can’t make a goddamn thing by the looks of it ! The tack 12 might hold slots need to talk to @Bone good ideas guys just only have one shot at this need to make it right !

7. william wallace

william wallace Active Member

It’s a solid one that’s coming your way Clint

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. richnewm

richnewm Veteran Member

Chicago screws should work, sure I saw a video recently posted by Dan Hood

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

9. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Ya have a set of simpleshot clips thinking drill inset screw on wedge side then need to add grove for the clip to work right on the flat side might work
      I’m glad I’ll be trying it on his not mine :)
      EF669291-BD90-4014-AE4B-5B9DC205B12A.jpeg
      Just kinda big and bulky

10. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

I've put holes in them but tube size and fire cracker size to test them and it held up well. Ive hung off a tree with them so no problem. Just don't go bigger then necessary for the tube size. Both materials probably work for that.

11. Bone

I've put holes in them but tube size and fire cracker size to test them and it held up well. Ive hung off a tree with them so no problem. Just don't go bigger then necessary for the tube size. Both materials probably work for that.

12. Bone

I just can't get behind flying parts on a slingshot. Personally for me I like the old way. Im trying to think of a way he could get it tied but especially never doing it it must be terribly hard for him to do it wrap and tuck. Slit one and find out. Lol

13. cpu_melt_down

cpu_melt_down New Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Bought these thinking I would use them in some type of build Lol I m not making slings !
      So if using these roll band in hole then plug from behind how does the band flatten out on the front side never seen them used
      Thinking May be a lot cleaner than some kind of tab on the front ?
      I’ll see if I can see who’s using these during my work break union break Lol
      He’s been shooting some PVC pipe that he invented with slots in it instead of his beautiful slingshots because he can’t tie
      Mind you some of my best shooters are the ones I made Lol but when he put the conus in his hand he wanted it and I would not give them my flex conus . I will only go so far in friendship sex yes flex conus no ! :)
      1D0F08E7-06E4-43D1-86D4-84DC11B7CDFB.jpeg

15. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Veteran Member

sorry I can't help, never done slots or any kind bands attachment different than the wrap and tuck, also the thick wrap helps to place my index and thumb, but I think with the appropriate tools is doable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Ya wrap and tuck for me butt I have both thumbs :) I told him he needs to get a pocket predator HTS or little foot through the forks slot or something different than the conus but no ! His wife will not help she does not like me never has in 30 years it pisses her off that he’s more loyal to me than her ! So anything to do with me she will not help him Lol got to love it . The simple human mind. but we ll figure it out if not bummer on him I’m shooting a flex conus :) I do need me one of them indestructible root wood conus “picohio “ you have sir that nice one u had a bit back it’s on my NEED to have want list lol
      For some reason I think the holes are safer than the slots ? We ll get it !

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    17. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Veteran Member

bad luck my friend, I would happily send a Picohio your way BUT IS FORBIDDEN, so I risk a big fine and customs seize, check the following articles, it says among other things, "living fossil", "endangered species" "national tree" (big offense LOL) according intl classification
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Araucaria_araucana
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IUCN_Red_List

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

It’s alway the good stuff “they” won’t let us have !! Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Ok so here’s what I did
      He ll have to just get the neighbor kid to help him tie if he needs to I will just send him multiple slingshots that way if one breaks he can just pick up another and keep going for the day
      Sending him two conus two opfs’s
      The opfs 3/4” aluminum with a big butt “he likes big butts “his wife” lol ,and I put holes so he can run tubes through it and make easy ties I also slotted it tried to Lol he needs One of them fancy GZK titanium slotted OPFS lol so do I ! That’ll have to be next month I have five packages to send out Wednesday that will take up my sling money ! This month
      B4ABC956-FE85-456F-A07D-4E84CDA8C8B9.jpeg
      A0EEF655-21BE-4AB2-9D32-913B19A05F4E.jpeg
      1B5FE5AC-6B05-487E-840F-FB452A7FFB24.jpeg
      Sending this Wednesday
      4280EA2D-ADF6-4BF8-A294-A6250539CD36.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
      • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3