OTT - More fun with poly | The Slingshot Community Forum

OTT More fun with poly

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by You'llshootyereyeout, Nov 22, 2014.

By You'llshootyereyeout on Nov 22, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  1. You'llshootyereyeout

You'llshootyereyeout Veteran Member

These are the latest bunch. The one on the left is a bent poly side shooter. Bands or tubes OTF or TTF with quick change slots. It's a left hand hold model.

The other is a prototype I'm calling "fogettaboutit". Because it's a pinky ring shooter. It needs a little tweaking but I think it can be sorted out. Hat tip to Darrin Glenn Cook for the idea. The band attachment is done by cutting a small slit in the band then securing the hardware together. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 6

Comments

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by You'llshootyereyeout, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Canh8r

Canh8r Veteran Member

Keel! Loving those!!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    2. Toddy

Toddy Veteran Member

@You'llshootyereyeout more superb slings! I would really like to know how that band attachment is working out please. Does it affect the lifespan of the bands at all?

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    3. You'llshootyereyeout

This is the third time I have used this method. Two are on my shooters and one was for a friend. The one I gave away had different hardware but used the same idea. I have not seen any unexpected failures near the attachment point. My bands failed near the pouch in what seemed like a reasonable ammount of time. In full disclosure the recipient of the other shooter said he did have one failure at the fork. He cought it before it broke all the way. Not sure what caused it to fail. Here are a few photos of the other hardware I used. The post on the brass hardware is a bit thicker. Don't know if or how that could contribute to a band failure. Will post again when I have done more testing. image.jpg image.jpg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    4. Toddy

Toddy Veteran Member

Thanks for the reply. I really like the simplicity of this type of band attachment, especially for the flat bands.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    5. DogBox

DogBox Active Member

Those Red, Blue & Grey colors together look so good! Your finish has taken on a real 'professionalism' on all the curves and attention to detail. Beautiful! and functional!
      I am thinking, 'have you drilled out the hex head to incorporate the philips head screw from the other side? so you can tighten them both together? Brilliant!!! Lots of great ideas all looking so nice! :)

6. You'llshootyereyeout

Nothing so difficult. The hardware is from Lowe's. The hex bolt is already threaded. I think it's called a furniture bolt. Just had to find the right size screw. Yep they tighten together. It's a bit over kill but I think it looks nice.

7. DogBox

DogBox Active Member

Mr @You'llshootyereyeout reckon's "...I think it looks nice." You have style in your blood! Damn straight they 'look nice'! Good thinking as your building and "not giving up until you get the style you're after = The Result You Have. Little treats like that are the difference between Cool! and .......not worth a comment.

8. Scott Kilpatrick

Scott Kilpatrick Active Member

Very cool I would love to own one