Looking to have a custom sling made. | Page 2 | The Slingshot Community Forum

Looking to have a custom sling made.

Discussion in 'Beginner Question Forum' started by Stephen Cooper, Apr 25, 2016.

1. honorary pie

honorary pie Veteran Member

As long as you have a slingshot, rest assured, you'll stand out because your're different. Try a pfs, when people see that they'll think you're retarded.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Lewis Pride

Lewis Pride New Member

In my opinion you want to get good with a modern slingshot, a flat band or looped tube style slingshot with a thumb and finger brace grip or pinch grip. A Barnet or wrist rocket style as alot different to what the best shooters and more accurate shooters use so I'd recommend you getting a nice cheep one get good with it and then get into custom slingshots. You want to be shooting ball bearings through a custom not rocks. Cause customs slingshots are usually around the £150 all the way up to £300 mark so hitting the fork would be heart breaking.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

3. Clever Moniker

Clever Moniker Administrator Staff Member Admin

http://www.montiegear.com/Bulk-ammo-3-8-steel-ball-1000-pieces.html
    http://simple-shot.com/slingshots/hunting-slingshots/lead-ammo/
    http://simple-shot.com/accessories/steel-slingshot-ammo/

Both companies off free shipping I believe in the USA.

4. Stephen Cooper

Stephen Cooper Active Member

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  5. honorary pie

honorary pie Veteran Member

I have the torque, takes some getting used to but its nearly unbreakable and feels like gold once you get to know it.

6. Clever Moniker

Clever Moniker Administrator Staff Member Admin

The HTS worked well for me in the past and I have killed a lot of game with it!!! :) However, the biggest issue with ordering from Pocket Predator... you'll be waiting forever to get your order. Literally countless posts attest to this fact. If you're cool waiting, no problem, it's a good slingshot. I switched from the HTS to the Scout though as it worked better for me in the end. I like the torque as well! All good choices for slingshots.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  7. oldmiser

oldmiser Veteran Member

For the money go with the New SPS Slingshot...It is build like a tank..tough..super accutare
    at a good affortable price...$49.95 usd.... www.performancecatapults.com by Mr Jim Harris
    This is just my suggestion....Like cleave & other member's have mentioned there are a lot of nice slingshots.....Just hold off on a custom slingshot for a bit...it takes practice practice practice.....lots of it...~AKAOldmiser
    PS: when checking out the page that pop's up click on catlaog.. top left corner...that will get you too the slingshots

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  8. babycow

babycow Well-Known Member

That SPS looks badass. I was thinking of spending the extra $10 for the Sure Grip but they're sold out for now.

9. Stephen Cooper

Stephen Cooper Active Member

It looks really nice indeed.

10. Jim S.

Jim S. Veteran Member

Stephen go to a family dollar store and buy some 5/8* marbles they are cheap and shoot good. 1/2" steel is also a very good option . You will learn you style of shooting and preference with an inexpensive sling shot ,then you can step up to a custom and appreciate their quality. Welcome to the group !

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1