Looking to have a custom sling made. | The Slingshot Community Forum

Looking to have a custom sling made.

Discussion in 'Beginner Question Forum' started by Stephen Cooper, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Stephen Cooper

Stephen Cooper Active Member

I'm very new to slingshots and only own one at the moment, it's a Barnett zombie killer which is the same As the cobra from my understanding. I am wanting to find somebody to design and build me a superb slingshot to fill multiple roles.

I am looking for something that I can use to mostly hunt small game with but still be capable of accurate target shots. I'm a pretty country fella and enjoy outdoor survival and exploration and hiking and fishing. I do a lot of coon hunting as well.

I really like the tactical looks that some slings have but also find the polished woods quite sexy. I love paracord as well.

I am not familiar with bands or all the shooting styles but do know that the pistol grip is not that comfortable to me. I would really like something that I can use any type of band to learn with and be able to try the various shooting styles.

I would like it to be unique but not too flashy.

I would like to see drawings or sketches before anything is made and set in stone and to be able to get feedback from the more experienced shooters on here.

I'm sure that I'm more than capable to make something on my own but would rather pay for the work of someone with more experience. I'm a journeyman blade smith and am will to work out a trade for one off custom knife or simply pay cash.

Txt or call me if needed.
    Stephen 678 898 0425

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  2. honorary pie

honorary pie Veteran Member

You might make a decent trade, as a custom can cost ya 200+.. If its your first step from a barnett, I'd grab a poly model or something robust like the scout from simpleshot.. until you know how sad a forkhit can make you, I wouldn't shell out for a custom.. also for the most part, any shooter capable of hunting should be capable of shooting targets, the two are the same really. It's all in the bands and ammo you choose.. good luck Sir.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 6
  3. Clever Moniker

Clever Moniker Administrator Staff Member Admin

I'd agree with honorary pie, it might be wise to check out www.simple-shot.com.

You can see this thread here for recommendations as well:
    https://www.slingshotcommunity.com/threads/beginners-slingshot-recommendations.7035/

If you'd really like a custom slingshot, there are just so many great makers with different styles. I'll tag a few to come check out this thread: @SimpleShot @Romany Custom Catapults @Martin Whippet @Metropolicity @You'llshootyereyeout

Just a heads up, this is an open forum so you might not want to place your cell number online, the typical tag is "please PM me". Totally up to you though, just thought I'd mention it was all. :)

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
  4. Lunasling

Lunasling Veteran Member

I agree with the above get familar with low buget shooter before shelling out big bucks for a custom made the "scout " is a good choice you can band it or tube it up in various shooting modes .

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
  5. PorkChopSling

PorkChopSling Veteran Member

Yes, what the guys have already said :)

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  6. Stephen Cooper

Thanks guys!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  7. Bugsbrew

Bugsbrew Veteran Member

I concur! You'll be happy with a Scout after shooting with the Barnett. If you hang around here long enough, you'll be able to make your own custom slingshot. Of course I'd give my left @%! for a slingshot made by any of the guys mentioned above.

8. slingshooterPT

slingshooterPT Well-Known Member

Dont forget @Lewis Pride from Pride Products he will make you a custom full fit to your needs!! And his craftsmanship is simply amazing!!!

9. Martin Whippet

Martin Whippet Active Member Vendor

as all have mentioned you wont go far wrong with a good poly from simpleshot until you find your prefered style,, Then when you are 100% sure then go for a custom ,,,,i have a fair few frames but i still shoot my maxim champ poly ,,cracking design and suits me down to the ground

10. Clever Moniker

If I forgot anyone, it wasn't intentional. I just put a few names that came to mind. You're spot on, Lewis makes beautiful slingshots!! :)

11. slingshooterPT

slingshooterPT Well-Known Member

I'm sure everyone knows that brother!! I didnt make the comment with the that intention, just addind more info ;)

Enviado do meu SM-G361F através de Tapatalk

12. Diaboloslinger

Diaboloslinger Veteran Member

Welcome! I agree with everything said above, but I'd like to add @Bone as a custom builder...He has a few fantastic designs, and is a world-class craftsman...

13. honorary pie

honorary pie Veteran Member

for 29.95, St Clair does an awesome one with electrical tape,, totally worth it,, since there's easily $20 of tape on there.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Genius Genius x 1
  14. Bob E

Bob E Active Member

:tu:

15. Clever Moniker

First time seeing this video... very true.

16. Lewis Pride

Lewis Pride New Member

I'd be happy making you a custom slingshot I have afew bits of work on my Facebook page here is a link: https://m.facebook.com/prideproduct/

If you are interested send me a message I'd be happy to help and depending what you want and price range your looking at we can work something out. I like making high end products which come with higher end prices. If you abit of a Newby I'd recommend a poly slingshot from simpleshot or a multiplex catapult from gamekeeper john which are alot more affordable and shoot just as good my slingshots are pieces of functional art :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

17. Romany Custom Catapults

Romany Custom Catapults Member Vendor

Unless you want an ornament then I'd go for something cheap untill you find your preferred style,

18. Clever Moniker

There is something nice about a shelf queen though!!!! :)

19. Stephen Cooper

I'm not expecting a custom sling to take me from rookie to pro by any means. I just like my stuff to stand out because it's different.

20. Stephen Cooper

I'm only able to hit plastic water bottles from about 15-20 feet away at this time and only aroun 70% accurate.

I know my biggest problem right now is my ammo. I'm using river rocks right now until I can find a local and reliable source for 3/8 ball bearings or lead.