Last day, first success!!! | The Slingshot Community Forum

Last day, first success!!!

Discussion in 'Slingshot Hunting' started by Wellington, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Wellington

Wellington New Member

I have been trying all season but never got one to stop while it was close enough. My beagle lulu jumped one with an hour left in our season today. She circled him around and the stars finally aligned and he stopped at twelve yards. An eleven millimeter steel ball was successfully placed in the boiler room!!! I was so excited. This was probably the most satisfying hunt I’ve ever had. I’m 47 and I have had a very successful hunting past utilizing mostly traditional archery and muzzleloaders. This was the most awesome hunt. And holy cow the sound of that ball hitting home! I just wanted to share with everyone. I wish I was using a GoPro, that would have been awesome.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
  2. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

I hate to tell you this but I am sure you know already because you took her with you, Lulu gets all the credit, you were only the shooter. From an and old duck hunter, it is the dog, oh yeah nice shooting.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. KawKan

KawKan Veteran Member

That sounds like a very sweet outing.
    Nice shooting!
    Hope Lulu gets a quarterpounder with cheese!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  4. Wellington

Wellington New Member

Yes cruiser you are right, she is a great hound that works very hard. Usually I’m toting a 22, but I sometimes just love to hear the music and see the chase. I carried my slingshot this time and it worked out. And kawkan, she got the lungs heart and liver as always!! I will post a short celebratory video if I can get one of my daughters to help me figure it out lol. Thanks for the replies.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  5. thehappyhippy

thehappyhippy Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member Admin

Awesomeness! Its feels so good to watch that ball leave your pouch an hit exactly what you want it to ! An when that shot also feeds you it's even better!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1