Initial impressions of the PP Mini-Tarus | The Slingshot Community Forum

Initial impressions of the PP Mini-Tarus

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by OldGuy, Jan 21, 2021.

By OldGuy on Jan 21, 2021 at 1:29 PM
  1. OldGuy

OldGuy Member

The newest slingshot arrived in the mail yesterday. Attached some SimpleShot(SS) 0.6mm 20/10 taper bands with Warrior Apache pouch to the Mini-Tarus TTF model.

Use to be a thumb brace TTF shooter. Developed an issue with the bracing thumb. Started shooting the Hammer XT with LT head or hammer gripping the Scout XT. Don't like the feel of HammerXT grip. Need the wrist brace for comfort and accuracy. Like the Scout XT grip a bit more, but the wide fork spacing was something I never cared for. Now with hammer grip the little extra distance from hand to fork tip sort of bothered me. So decided to give the Pocket Predator model a try.

200 rounds yesterday and 50 rounds this AM. The grip is what I consider a clinch/hammer hybrid. I have small (sz 7 gloves) hands. Really like the feel of the grip. Not perfect. But better than any production slingshot used to date. Really like the shallow and narrow fork tip spacing. Similar to the SS Ocularis or Hammer LT forks. IMHO one real big plus. The thin fork tips. Initially had an issue zeroing in the sighting. Shooting real high. Dropping the slingshot hand to adjust elevation just resulted in random misses. Readjusted the release point to a higher position. Took a few rounds to get locked in. This mornings session confirmed my feelings. I have a new favorite slingshot. Will probably need to sell the SS Ocularis and Scout XT. Doubt even if I could should thumb brace that I would use them much.

Just realized something. This trial and error method of figuring out what I really like is adding up the $$s quickly. Good thing slingshots, bands and pouches are all reasonable in price. Plus it's a little bit of fun journey seeking the ultimate slingshot. Only one regret. The Pocket Shot 2.0. Can you even consider it a sling shot?

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by OldGuy, Jan 21, 2021.

1. StixShooter

StixShooter Veteran Member

I like the mini taurus too, but prefer the OTT version. I think my favorite PP design is still the top shot though. I wouldn't mind one of the new G10 ones, but without the holes for looped tubes.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. StixShooter

StixShooter Veteran Member

@OldGuy check out the Bonegrip wide fork (@Bone is the creator—Just search for it on this forum).

It's probably my favorite sling of all time—Hammer grip (which is not my usual hold), but Bone has done some ergonomic magic with the grip and I love it. It's only OTT, but that's part of what makes it comfortable (Lower forks=less leverage on the pull=less pressure on your hand).

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Vince A

Vince A New Member

Old guy I'm glad you found slingshot that works with your hands better. I found the Taurus to be exactly the same as you said and very comfortable and accurate. Very much alike my D1 except mine is made of aluminum and titanium.
      Nice to know you keep shooting and not have any discomfort.

Cheers

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    4. MakoPat

MakoPat Veteran Member

Well, one good thing is after you figure your personal style out you can usually trade or sell the items you are not using pretty quickly.

You know, trade for elastics and ammo or more frames thatb you like.

I love the mini Taurus OTT.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1