If you could only have one | The Slingshot Community Forum

If you could only have one

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Tommy Taylor, Jan 5, 2021.

By Tommy Taylor on Jan 5, 2021 at 1:00 AM
  1. Tommy Taylor

Tommy Taylor New Member

If you could only have one slingshot what would it be and why

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Tommy Taylor, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Emitto

Emitto Veteran Member

Impossible :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    2. Flipgun

Flipgun Veteran Member

First off. Welcome to the forum. The first answer to your question is,"The one that you have and that is all that you have. "He said civilly."
      The other answer is, "ONE slingshot! BWAA-HAA-HAA-HAA!':rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:!!!"

But seriously, There is no one shooter. There are different forms for different styles and purposes. You will have to find what you need for what you want to do. Plink? Target? Hunt? You can do all of the above with your bands.
      That said...many of us find a frame that suits us and we make it and the bands we put on it suit our ammo and our purpose. It is all in the Indian and not the arrow. Welcome to your new journey. :tu:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 3
    3. Tommy Taylor

Tommy Taylor New Member

I love plinking/target but also hunt if i had to have have just one it would be my Scorpion but I'm in the process of getting a bonegrip atm at well see haha

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    4. OldGuy

OldGuy New Member

Can only shoot one slingshot at a time. So....I guess the one in my hand being used.

Like many. Still looking and/or thinking the "perfect" slingshot is the next make or purchase. The "perfect" slingshot never misses:).

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    5. MakoPat

MakoPat Veteran Member

Welcome.

As yiu are seeing this question comes up often... and ain't no way to put a slinger in the corner. haha...

But in the spirit the question, a small natty for me right now is the One Sling to rule them all.

And I also know for any slinger, especially a new shooter, the pics are the goal here.

PS- this an applewood mini Mi'kmaq Warrior natty. Made by @Mi'kmaq Warrior , a.k.a. Len Ley on the Fb. And I love it!! Be warned it eats cans and is always hungry.

Attached Files:

6. The preacher

The preacher Member

My homemade FUG, that's because it fits in my hand just right and feels really good

7. OldGuy

OldGuy New Member

"..... that's because it fits in my hand just right and feels really good"

Own 4 production models. All have issues with fit and feel. Thinking homemade will be the only option.

There is a white birch and a maple tree that I've been saving to cut down for carving some ladles. May pass on wooden utensils and eventually carve the "perfect" slingshot. The first major fork on both trees look promising. Need to prototype plywood models before making a natural slingshot. Jorg Sprave's Rambone design has caught my eye. But TTF shooter. Might still pick one up to get the feel and see what needs to be modified for my personal fit.

Always thought I would be a TTF, thumb brace shooter. Now the bloody thumb ligament issue. Looks like hammer grip shooting. Maybe I'll even switch to OTT????

8. Flipgun

Flipgun Veteran Member

OTT good! Rambone? Great sling! Not for new shooters so much.

9. AppalachiaFlipShooter

AppalachiaFlipShooter Member

Either one of my pickleforks or the custom universal tips S1 build I'm currently working on

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

10. Ugly Old Guy

Ugly Old Guy New Member

Probably my SWA Daisy/Barnett/ Marksman type with wrist brace, and my Shepherd's Sling.
      Reason: Most versitle. Can shoot BB's to 1 inch plus pebbles/rocks, muzzleloading lead round balls and conicals, and maybe golf balls with the slingshot. The Shepherd's sling can toss up to 3 inch rocks or golf balls, and the lead projectiles. (tennis balls would probably just bounce off the target critter and make it pause eating, and look around to see who or what tapped it.)
      My flat band slingshot ain't good for over 7/16 or 1/2 inch, ammo.

Since I already have three slingshots and the sling, I'll just keep them, rather than put one or two in the dumpster. I got no one to give them to.

11. Fidencio León Burgos

Fidencio León Burgos Veteran Member

I have about 50 slingshots, both from other makers and made by myself. Even so, they are few compared to some members of this community and many others that I know here in Mexico.
      Instead of having a single slingshot, I am more involved in the fact that one more slingshot never hurts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. Slinging Steel

Slinging Steel Member

I’ve been shooting slingshots less than 4 months and I have 9 and more on the way. I enjoy shooting everyone of them. I like some better than others but enjoy all of them. Collecting them is just another part of the hobby for me.

13. Bimbo

Bimbo Active Member

Definetly my home made axiom champ style frame
      20210109_145308.jpg