Hot Peppers | Page 2 | The Slingshot Community Forum

Hot Peppers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bone, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Sounds yummy! I've got some murago scorpions Trinidads growing now too. I'm going to try that blend sense I'm growing tabasco too. You got the recipe or mixture ratio of the two?

2. Bone

Check this put.....the hot you feel isn't real. The peppers chemical capsaicin sends signals to your brain saying its hot. Now the stomach cramps after eating such chille is real. Funny though....the capsaicin sends signals but in reality it's not actually burning.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  3. Bone

Oh man....I've got to try that!!!

4. Bone

Oh hell ya buddy. Sounds great! I'll try that too and remind me as soon as you see me talking about it.
    Thanks!

5. bottlecap

bottlecap Active Member

I'm a newbie in the growing phase but I eat habaneros with my fruit and yogurt EVERY morning, then throughout the day whenever they're handy to cut up.
    First time trying to over-winter one in the house this year. He's looking a little unhappy but I think (hope) he'll hold on for a few more months. Hadn't thought of a grow tent, I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

6. StringSlap

StringSlap Veteran Member

No ratio. Just dried whatever I had. Threw it all into a coffee grinder and let her rip. I have an above average tolerance for heat, but this stuff is pretty darn hot. A teaspoon into a pot of chili is more than most people want to deal with!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  7. honorary pie

honorary pie Veteran Member

personally had NEVER handled hot food well, something changed in 2019 and I've went fire-crazy.. Bought every hot sauce that Iooked interesting, grew my own peppers (thai ones and some bonnets and scorpion-cross that were ridiculous) and even had mild succcess with a few hot sauces.. My last one ( grapefruit- blended superhots, not femented) was the only one I really liked, but others have complimented the others, femented and non.. I'm now believer that the store doesn't really sell anything to match a home-made hot sauce in flavor. I disagree that capsaicin does not physically burn, as the "signal to your brain" can quite literally send burns and blusters to the affected area. For instance,icapsaicin burns from medicated joint-salves or pepper spray..

Any who, yours look awesome, that's a recipe I've wanted to try for awhile. if you cant find enough fire-eater's close by, I'll gladly make you a trade. Maybe a few bottles I've liked from our local sauce guys , since I've exhausted my homegrown peppers .

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  8. Bone

Yeah the tents work good with a good led light.
    You can take more then most. Habaneros are no joke either.

9. Bone

Straight up mash! Killer heat!

10. Bone

An article I read talks about how the chemical fools the brain into thinking your tongue is hot but when I keep reading it says to be careful because it can burn your skin. So not sure why they say it but ypu are right. I've seen people sprayed with peppwr spray and there face is all red. I think I will wear gloves when picking some of these.
    No problem brother. I'll trade you some.

11. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

I love chillies, when used properly in cooking and not just for extreme heat. I've had those reapers raw and I was crying like a baby never again, in a sauce yes they are nice but over my tolerance for heat. I don't have any specific recipes but you should definitely look up how they are used in thai food. Tom Yum soup is one of my favourite, the heat is extreme but balanced with the other ingredients is delicious and thai chefs know how how to get the balance correct.

12. Bone

Ummm...sounds good. Love a bowl 9f noodles with some hot sauce.

13. Bishop

Bishop Active Member

Try adding seedless grapes peaches sweet onions and carrots garlic brown sugar yellow mustard balsamic vinegar with jalapeno no seeds makes a good sauce I like hot sauce but I like the ones with good flavor

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  14. Bone

Thanks....im going to try and make the taste good first but it's going to be slightly on the flaming side. I want to be able to taste the flavor them the heat come on. It's going to take some time to try different experiments.

15. thehappyhippy

thehappyhippy Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member Admin

This so cool love them bottles

16. Bishop

Bishop Active Member

I made a really good hot barbecue sauce but was just adding stuff together did not keep track of what I added but I put a whole lime peel and all put in the food processor it was really good and now I can't reproduce it.

17. Bishop

Bishop Active Member

You can't also make some cowboy candy I got on all kinds of stuff hot dogs hamburgers pho fish tacos