Hobo hand lines | The Slingshot Community Forum

Hobo hand lines

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by QSD, Dec 3, 2020.

1. QSD

QSD Member

IMG_20201203_135755.jpg I picked up one of those Ka-Bar hobo setups for my hiking backpack so I can try fishing some of the ponds I come across when hiking. Anybody else use these? What kind of tackle and line do you use? I put 6lb line on mine because that's what I have lol. What kind of tackle do you use? I'm thinking of putting some Trout Magnets and small weighted bobbers in mine. Thinking they will fit in the handle nicely in the handle but have never used them. Spinners are usually my go to lure but I don't think they will work with this. If I'm bait fishing I usually go with a Carolina rig with some dough bait and maybe some salmon eggs. Also probably not practical for a hobo setup lol. What do you guys use?

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
  2. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

I have that one some of Pawpaws and a couple from England. A small clear bobber that you can put water in and flies or very smalls hooks that a Berkley salmon egg will still float. I have lots of small stuff but that bobber with water gets you out there easily. Very small split shot and forceps to hold that tiny ass hook why you tie it on and removing from a trout.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. QSD

QSD Member

Oh, good idea. I have one of those bobbers and a few flys in my tackle box. I knew if I held onto them long enough I would find a use for them. Thanks

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  4. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

I use a weighted bobber small brim hook and grasshoppers or minnows bread worms

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  5. Searcher_47

Searcher_47 Veteran Member

With a casting bobber you can do even fly fishing. One of my favorite discoveries was using just the grub of the beetle spin lure. It is an absolute pan fish killer. The grubs are even sold separately in bulk.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1