OTT - HDPE S1 Pro | The Slingshot Community Forum

OTT HDPE S1 Pro

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by Sergeant Slingshot, Apr 12, 2021.

By Sergeant Slingshot on Apr 12, 2021 at 1:02 AM
  1. Sergeant Slingshot

Sergeant Slingshot New Member

A while back I was gifted a sheet of home made HDPE. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, so I waited until I was inspired to make something. On Saturday, inspiration hit. I had never worked with HDPE at this level before, but I will definitely be doing it again! It's a real pleasure to work with. Easy to cut, shape, and sand. Anyway, on with this tale!
    I proceeded to make the HDPE sheet square and level (if you're like me and fortunate enough to have a miter saw and planer, this is easy). I drew the design on and went to the scroll saw, and after about 30 minutes had the frame roughed out. Then I went to the router table, and after the 3/4 round over bit was done the frame was all but shootable. I sanded the tips with 220 and 320, filed groves in place and put bands on it. I popped off a few shots tonight and was very pleased. I will be doing some more finish work tomorrow, but just wanted to be able to shoot it tonight. Check it out!

I do have a question for those who are more versed in table routers than I am. When working on the end of a curved handle, how do you prevent the router from taking a chunk out of the material you're working with? That's the one issue I have with mine regardless of the material I'm working with[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 12

Comments

Discussion in 'Homemade Slingshots' started by Sergeant Slingshot, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Turned out great! Nice job.

2. Big Ron

Big Ron Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator

a butane torch moved all over the router marks will help shine it up and smooth it don't hold it long

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    3. SLING-N-SHOT

SLING-N-SHOT Veteran Member

Nice Josh, looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1