Got to be one !!!! | The Slingshot Community Forum

Got to be one !!!!

Discussion in 'The PFS' started by Clint, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Hey guys after five cords of wood not one sling !!!!! Lol tamarack and pine butt in a day or two my mindset is building PFS and etc... works almost done ready for winter lol
    On “Hamilton’s L Rancho not so grande “ work is never done . Got some titanium that I want to play with make a few Nibbler s a few OPFS and still more bocote going to do a few aluminum core bocote frames just because the wood I have a few big pieces that are too thin 1/2 “ thick for good Support all by themselves . There seems to be a big wall in anybody making anything so get ready it’s winter time slingshot a day can you guys keep up ?
    My titanium Nibbler has been my go to frame for a while now So I’ll try to play with my titanium until I’m out would love to make a pickle bone or a nibblerbone ?
    Just wanted to check in and say hi
    C7811838-40FE-4F3F-B266-F435A7451AF6.jpeg
    6FDFEEBC-A1F1-4377-A06F-805A0C8F3931.jpeg
    My frames being used now , I seem to be on all cylinders with these 4 with these bands.
    Conus and bonegrip are set up for bigger things ! Trying to deplete my marbles going to 3/8 Steelies and 1/4 Steelies only .So that means band and pouch changes on all frames just about , i’ll have them all tuned by the end of winter need new latex trying new Tapers,sizes colors etc. then hope my shooting improves. I find my shooting is just fine ,but my patients to make the best shot is not , so now it’s the mental game I need to get over . I got the fundamentals down , this is where I’ll find out if I am a good shot or an excellent shot I know I’m good enough to feed myself but I want to be one of the excellent shots
    BCB601B8-383A-4006-AD20-43639C4B4A02.jpeg
    P.s.
    got The next-door neighbor in To opfs he s getting ok moving him up to next step
    So I taught him pickle fork before shooting a regular slingshot Now a small gapper and he’ll twist naturally he wants butterfly :)
    Slingflu has hit Northern panhandle of Idaho
    Better shut everybody down in their yard for one month just to shoot slingshots to get over the flu :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 8
  2. StixShooter

StixShooter Veteran Member

Love the pics Clint! I've been making a few slings over the summer but haven't posted much lately. I'll try to get some stuff up when things calm down.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  3. bottlecap

bottlecap New Member

Way to stack'm, Clint....the cords and the forks, that is!
    I've got a few bubbling up from the lab, should be posting something to look at pretty soon, I hope.

4. thehappyhippy

thehappyhippy Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member Admin

I grew up cutting firewood then got a job doing the same . I one's had to get 5 cords of wood for a bunch off hippies fire walk.. people are nuts..

Grate job clint keep you worm a long time

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  5. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Just traded a conus and a bag of marbles for five blade sharpening and a tuneup on my rancher saw so tomorrow all wood will be cut done . Just then split stack then
    Fish , slingshots,

6. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Kick ass Clint. You still got it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. KawKan

KawKan Veteran Member

Clint, now you have me wondering.
    Will you have to cut wood all winter just so the exercise keeps you warm?
    Will you buy a propane heater?
    Do you have enough shirts?
    LOL!
    I always enjoy your updates, buddy. It's good to have people around who remind me of how domesticated I am!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Lol I have electricity ! And my shop and now house Electric heaters
    But they don’t help with the power goes out , The longest has been about two weeks , so wood I get enough as if I did not have electricity always prepare for plan a,b,c,and,d , and yes nothing like going outside when it’s freezing and chopping wood to get your mind and body young again , what’s really fun is when it’s snowing take a shower outside , that’ll get your old bones young again I get a well in
    ? Dec. that will make life much nicer . The refrigerator and oven and microwave are all new I went one year without any “loved it “ but the refrigerator saves so much money on food cost :) I have like three things in it I only weigh 150 pound I don’t really eat that kind of processed food but it sure saves the meat .
    Gave two more slings away yesterday a Indian mockorange conus and a bocote gapper
    Also just in the last week my shooting consistency has improved 10 times , I gave all my marbles to one of the neighbors and I am only shooting 3/8 and 1/4 Steelers . The challenge has been getting the right pouches And band set ups for like 10 frames lol
    But the consistency of the 3/8 is unreal compared to marbles night and day I do like the white Slingshot marble it flies the same as the 3/8 and is a great tracer And is small enough to fit in a 3/8 pouch
    But only for the gallery and screwing around all the rest of the time Steelies . So I’ve put up some slingshots and started shooting different ones that match the 3/8 steel better than my marble slings
    Still trying to find the band that shoots 3/8 and 44 cal if wanted “without hand slap “butterfly” . Lol that is why I can’t get hooked on one frame I have 10 different places to shoot slingshot and all of them require a certain slingshot lol .
    So yes life is getting more domesticated around here this summer I will get Wi-Fi :) a House ! Two horses one longhorn and four goats and one meat cow and a Partridge in a pear tree :)
    Butt right now it’s wabbet season so trying to get me a pesky wabbet , I have only seen two in the whole year I’ve been here .
    I want to build but I have every frame that I want except for two or three fancy oneS and have almost given all my other selfmade extras away . Time to shoot !!!!!! Then video !
    My favorite hunter if not bonegrip pfs supper flex or 777 conus
    This grouse is tonight’s dinner with two other quail Breast butt where is the wabbett !
    1148CBF1-604E-4763-A0A7-C838F5B00C0B.jpeg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
  9. Clint

Clint Veteran Member

Ya I had it!!!! I think someone stole “it” when I wasn’t looking .somewhere “it” went away butt I m trying to get “ it” back it’s been the best year so far of finding it and getting it back if it wasn’t for this gosh darn body I think I feel young again :)

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3