Go with the flow.... | The Slingshot Community Forum

Go with the flow....

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by OldGuy, Feb 24, 2021.

By OldGuy on Feb 24, 2021 at 1:51 PM
  1. OldGuy

OldGuy Member

More or less let it loose this morning. Not an instinctive shooter. Still aiming. Just not "thinking". Have been trying to be very consistent in shooting motion, grip and release. Shooting TTF, "gangster" style, clinch/hammer grip using the Pocket Predator Tarus. One aspect has been adjusting grip, wrist angle to keep the fork tips parallel to the target and perpendicular to the ground. Turns out I'm more accurate with higher degree of precision (tightness of hits) by just holding the Tarus in a "natural" position. Fork tip a no longer perpendicular to the ground when I let the wrist lock in a "natural" position. Guessing no longer parallel to the target. Had a feeling from previous sessions, but from what I understood was poor form. This new hold feels better. More accuracy and precision. I can shoot off rounds more rapidly. So probably will stick with it.

Have I been missing something?. Or is this poor technique that may lead to issues? Like a ceiling where improvement is no longer possible.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by OldGuy, Feb 24, 2021.

1. KawKan

KawKan Veteran Member

I wouldn't worry about a ceiling.
      Nathan Masters does okay without worrying about holding parallel to the ground. I do think he holds parallel to the target though.
      If you have a comfortable hold, and can figure out how to coordinate your point of aim vs. point of impact, I'd say you are golden.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. thehappyhippy

thehappyhippy Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member Admin

Poor technique .in my opinion is just someone criticizing the way you do something. If it works for you it may not work for me .
      I let a lot off steel fly when I'm shooting I ant got time for all that :D
      Fork tips dont need to be perfect heck the dont even need to be pointed up :rotfl:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. OldGuy

OldGuy Member

Appreciate the feedback. The new grip just feels more natural. Another session this AM. Again more hits. Misses were close and more consistent. Now at 8 o'clock v. the old more or less at 6 o'clock.

Maybe one day I'll be able to even hit an object tossed into the air. But probably not holding the slingshot upside down.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    4. thehappyhippy

thehappyhippy Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member Admin

I'm sure you will gets easier and easier

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1