Fork strike!! (Rated R for graphic nature) | Page 3 | The Slingshot Community Forum

Fork strike!! (Rated R for graphic nature)

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by COSlinger, Nov 24, 2018.

By COSlinger on Nov 24, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. COSlinger

COSlinger New Member

Hi guys...so I got a pass from the wife to put off my honey do list....I just got my catch box built and finally began my foray into my new addiction...I began shooting BBs with my small bandset with some reasonable accurracy at 15, then 30 feet...my bandset broke so I grabbed the 2040 looped bandset that came with the Torque and my 1/2" steel and kept going, that's when everything went down hill...I had a finger strike, merely a flesh wound...then a fork strike, again, flesh wound....couple more shots, no incident...then, POW!! FORK STRIKE!!! :eek: and this is what I have left :banghead::mad::(....my poor brand new Torque...lasted 50 shots or so...What the hell did I do?!?!?! .....It's kind of OK though, the Torque didn't feel right in my small hand (glove size 7 1/2 or so) with a braced grip...back to the drawing board...Any suggestions on a better, more ergo choice for my small paws? 1543090806759-591309563.jpg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by COSlinger, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Bruce

Bruce Guest

See my post above.

2. COSlinger

COSlinger New Member

First off, you need to relax bro! We're talking about a $20 slingshot here. Untie your panties and read my earlier posts and you'll see that I didn't want to contact them at all, I was gonna let it go and move on, then you can read where EVERYONE ELSE wanted me to contact them so I did and got $23 store credit,.So, what's the issue again?????

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Bruce

Bruce Guest

The issue is, you publicly shammed and put pressure on a vendor to correct your mistake, double fork hits.

What is a sponsoring vendor and member to do, AFTER a bunch of members suggest he will take care of you?

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. SimpleShot

SimpleShot Active Member Vendor

We would have handled this the same way had the OP publicly announced the problem or had come to us directly. That is just how we do business. We stand behind our products 100%...whether it is user error or otherwise. Ease up on the fella...he loves slingshots and in our book, that makes him a friend.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. COSlinger

COSlinger New Member

Thank you Simple Shot! Everyone take note, that is how you business!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Bruce

Bruce Guest

You
      We all know Nathan is a stand up guy and SimpleShot is a first rate vendor. Top notch.

7. ZAttach

ZAttach Guest

Are you TRIPWIRE? Check this out. Caught him walking down beach.

8. ZAttach

ZAttach Guest

The Scout is such a good beginner and experienced Slingshot shooter.
      I suggest that one to beginners.
      SimpleShot is a well respected vendor. Top Notch. Like you all have said. They have a geniue care about shooters and their products they sell. They want feedback and field use data.
      Let’s all Hunt the Good today. Nathan is our number one ambassador for this hobby/sport here in the USA/ Canada. He knows all eyes are on him and his products. He is straight forward guy and businessman. He will improve his designs for better service like the “Scout Clips”. He tests his gear and will stop production if item is not in the best interest of shooters and accuracy, example “ Hunting Bands being discontinued.”
      These are my opinions and based off current changes and videos produced by them.

Have a good day, go fling some BB s. Go support a local business!

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. COSlinger

COSlinger New Member

Sooo, anyway, I guess we're all done here, Flipgun kinda killed this one for me...On to bigger and better threads...hopefully my new Axiom Champ comes soon and I can get shootin' again and all us tiny pawed people can come out of the woodwork and be heard!!

10. Billy Fugett

Billy Fugett Well-Known Member

I never had any doubt that Nathan would take care of you on this. I think the most important part of this experience is to find out what is causing the fork hits and work towards not having any at all. While the little HDPE Champ Ocularis should hold up to several fork hits, you should work towards not having any. I think most shooters have a few starting out (myself included). Fork hitting an inexpensive production frame and merely causing some cosmetic damage isn't the end of the world. If you are having them with the little Champ when you get it please take the time to search YouTube for any videos that may help you stop having fork hits or help you figure out the cause. Fork hits are generally caused by something the shooter is doing wrong and hand or frame size has little if anything to do with it. It is something you can get past. If you stay with this long enough chances are good you may want to have a couple or more expensive custom slingshots made. For your own sanity don't get one until you are confident fork hits are behind you. I own a few that a fork hit would bring tears to my eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. The Big Iron

The Big Iron Member

Order two then shoot one and hang one on the wall.

12. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Amen brother. No fork hits in couple of months but I did look two shooters I haven't used in quite a while and a scout and axion ocularis were banded wrong.

13. Billy Fugett

Billy Fugett Well-Known Member

I've seen some of your customs. I know how bad it would hurt to fork smack one of those jewels.

14. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

I am a long ways off shooting those. Got a Martin Hemsworth will be here any day now.

15. COSlinger

COSlinger New Member

Hi Billy, Thanks for the reply! I know exactly why the fork hits happened...I'm a complete novice and haven't even held a slingshot in 30 years...plus, the Torque didn't feel good at all in my little paw. It seems the Champ is more my style (size). We'll see, it should be on its way!:)

16. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Please watch the videos. It did wonders for me I keep going back to them over and over.

17. COSlinger

COSlinger New Member

Which videos? Youtube or the ones on Simple Shot?

18. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Yes all of them. I have watched at least 6 times each. Simple shots are great Gregorys are also good Bill Hayes. I have no problems now because I watched these multiple times. Start at the beginning hunting is a year or two off until you can hit a golf ball ten out of ten. Well yes I do have problems but I now know what and why. Slow down and enjoy the journey is more fun than the destination. These are not like the sling shots of the past. You can't get enough of the videos. Grab a wine or beer or whatever the Canadians drink now and just have fun. If it is not fun stop and do some other part of it. I can practice my marksmanship in my back yard and am having a blast in all aspects of it. And I can ignore the nay Sayers as I ate my goat a long time ago, nobody can try to get it.

19. COSlinger

COSlinger New Member

Thanks for the encouraging words Cruiser! If this is anything like shooting a bow I'll get into all the nitty gritty technical aspects of it...I dig that part...destroying cans and bottle caps is kinda cool too :rolleyes:This forum seems to harbor those things and everything in between, I really appreciate you guys! ;)

20. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

We are all different, just study a lot more these are adult toys. Damn I had a scout and axiom ocularis rugged wrong from a month or so ago. Take one little thing and go back and find it on a video. I spend more time at my laptop than I do outside. And if you don't like what you hear don't listen, ignore it. Listen to Pie but be wary that SOB is hilariously funny and knows booku stuff. I happen to like that sort of humor though as my dogs say I am a little Sling Shot perverted.