This is the Dayhiker Chalice I made from one of the boards I scored from the thrift store. Looked like oak. Then when I started working it, it really looked like walnut. But then when I applied the finish it looked like oak again! Whatever it really is, I think it came out pretty good. I'm not 100% happy with the finish. There are a few rough spots and it doesn't have the glass like look and feel I was hoping for. I used Krylon rattle can clear gloss polyurethane. Have to wait a couple of days before I can add another coat or two. My son likes it so I will band it up light for airsoft BB's, so I don't have to worry about a fork hit busting it. Thanks for looking!