End of the Outdoor Season.... | The Slingshot Community Forum

End of the Outdoor Season....

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by OldGuy, Oct 26, 2021.

By OldGuy on Oct 26, 2021 at 7:59 PM
  1. OldGuy

OldGuy Member

Might be coming sooner than later. NWS notes La Nina. Which for us usually means colder and more snowfall. But last year was supposedly a weak La Nina. Unusually warm and dry winter. El Nino, La Nina or whatever... Once temps drop into the low 40'sF (5C) it is the start of indoor only. Went for a hike this afternoon. Pleasant hiking temps in mid to upper 40's with mostly sunny sky. Trees at the end of their Autumn colors. But the ENE 10-20 kt breeze off Lake Superior felt cold. Hands felt cold until the metabolic heat warmed them up. Shooting. Not much metabolic heat. Fingers just don't tolerate the cold anymore.

Now have a triple decker of catch boxes set up. 3,4,5 cm spinners now have their own box. Out of spare silicone spinners. The "unbreakable" spinners do eventually break. Need to miss more:).

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 6

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by OldGuy, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Devils son in law

Devils son in law Veteran Member

I feel your pain, brother......

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    2. Slide-Easy

Slide-Easy Active Member

I noticed my hands were not tolerating cold as they once did at 50 years old. I can still take the cold but it seems to be a deeper ache once it settles in.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    3. Charles Eade

Charles Eade New Member

Similar weather in Vermont. I am lucky to have a garage with a heater for the fall and winter.