DIY sight/optics/aiming reference | The Slingshot Community Forum

DIY sight/optics/aiming reference

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Krow, Nov 24, 2021 at 6:57 AM.

By Krow on Nov 24, 2021 at 6:57 AM
  1. Krow

Krow New Member

Greetings slingers!

Thought I'd share my latest idea inspired by the aiming system of Chinese slingshots. I wanted a sight/optic for a wrap and tuck frame which also creates a solid aiming reference. The idea is simple; I've cut a small piece of plastic, bent it (with heat) to create an L shape then super glued a piece of fiber optic to the top (creating a small groove in the plastic is optional, but I've done so anyway). Thought I'd share this.

Also, has anyone been using a similar technique? Perhaps some of you have other methods of creating something like this. Anyways try it out for yourself and let me know what you think:) Cheers!

Attached Files:

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    • Genius Genius x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Krow, Nov 24, 2021 at 6:57 AM.

1. cromag

cromag Member

I have been putting some aiming markers in a few of the frames I have built for a few months now starting with the little bug type frames and liked them at first. However , as I have become more and more of an instinctive shooter I am finding them distracting. Having them them made so they can be removed is a good idea when it's not really something that is necessary or desired.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1