Dankung style sling | The Slingshot Community Forum

Dankung style sling

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by mtsage, Nov 25, 2020.

By mtsage on Nov 25, 2020 at 11:05 AM
  1. mtsage

mtsage New Member

First post here. Have been shooting bands for a couple of years. Consider myself "OK" with accuracy. Anyway, purchased a DanKung style slingshot. I guess you call it a ring style Chinese traditional. Correct me if I'm wrong. The slingshot has slots for flatbands but have been shooting looped tubes. I cant hit the broad side of a barn with this. I can't seem to get it narrowed down as to what would make my brain shoot this with any kind of accuracy. Help please!
    Got any tips, websites with explanations, videos. I have found some Youtube videos but all in Chinese language.

I edited this post and added this info:
    Slingshot is from GZK website and listed as 9mm Cold-Bending Slingshot. Came with a flatband set and a tubing set. I think the tubing is 2040. Here is a pic.

IMG_4550.JPG

Thanks,
    Marlowe

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by mtsage, Nov 25, 2020.

1. thehappyhippy

thehappyhippy Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member Admin

I will be no help here ...i hate tubes ..ive tried to like them ...tried them in ever configuration i could i hope someone has a good answer because onlything i find them good for is cuffing FLATS!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    2. KawKan

KawKan Veteran Member

I don't know which slingshot you have, so it's hard to offer specific help.
      One problem that pops up frequently, is that many tube shooters come with bands that are too short. Building your own tube sets is really easy and the best solution IMHO. But you can also dissassemble the original bands and retie them as singles or pseudo-tapers to fit your draw.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    3. KawKan

KawKan Veteran Member

Another technique for using this type of slingshot it to center the tubes every time. It's easy to do by starting each draw with the the handle end point toward the target until there is enough tension on the tubes so they center themselves at the top of the ring and stay as long as the tension remains.
      Sighting is pretty much the same as with flats, except the tubes certainly look different.
      And welcome to the forum!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    4. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Get a Scout shoot flats you will be happy

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Flipgun

Flipgun Veteran Member

Like KawKan said, if those are the tubes that came with it, they will be too short. You could take them down to singles with a pseudo taper but I find them fiddly to make and the life isn't that good. Either here or on the other forum is a member that makes hybrid pseudos with tube loops and flat bands to the pouch that looks interesting and seems to work well.

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Bugar

Bugar Member

Hey, here’s a setup you can use for your tubes, called cocktail sometimes, I don’t have a DANKUNG type shooter right now, I got these tied the way you can use on the shooter you got, they draw right decent and do a good job, my draw is 34”, anyway, this is a couple I got with this kind of setup. Hey give it a try. DE0DC026-B8AC-4BB3-BAAA-4A371F142F2A.jpeg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    7. Bugar

Bugar Member

These are 1745 DANKUNG tubes

8. mtsage

mtsage New Member

Thanks for the info. I finally just took off the tubes and put some flat bands in the top slots. Can actually hit the target now at least. I have diff sizes of tubing to try on a couple diff frames. I'm sure I can get them to work. Has been frustrating. Thanks again.

9. mtsage

mtsage New Member

I have an Ocularis and will give that a try with a loop setup or a single tube. Thanks

10. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

An SPS loves tubes

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    11. Peter Recuas

Peter Recuas Veteran Member

Twist the pouch & flip the fork :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
      • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
    12. AdamvVS

AdamvVS Veteran Member

Just draw them the way you would flat bands and shoot the way you would with flat bands. It works the same Stop thinking and start aiming. I have a similar frame Its called a Serpentine and is one of my faves wish I had more like this. Most likeley on my next order