Band Sources in USA | The Slingshot Community Forum

Band Sources in USA

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by John Tzioufas, Feb 12, 2020.

By John Tzioufas on Feb 12, 2020 at 10:23 PM
  1. John Tzioufas

John Tzioufas Active Member

I know there are some great band makers in the UK but seems not any in the US. I love the TTF bands from Simpleshot but really want them tied proper for OTT and seems Nathan doesn’t do that and also doesn’t supply ties for wrap and tuck since all his stuff has clips etc.

So are you guys just paying the high shipping cost and getting them from Europe or is their another source? I know some will say make them myself but I really suck at it.

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by John Tzioufas, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Canal Rubber in New York. You have to call to order. That's all I use anymore. I buy a yard at a time. They aren't cheap on shipping but overall I'm making band set for 25 to 35 cents a set depending how long they are. I only buy the natural latex and have been very pleased with the performance. If you buy a yard cut it up in sheets and store it on a flat surface covered to keep the air out and store it in the dark and it will last over a year easy maybe a lot more. If you store it rolled it will pick up that memory of being rolled or folded so store it layed out flat and you are good to go. Less then 60 bucks shipped and a lot of rubber. Good luck with your choices.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Make your own, after the initial outlay it works out so much cheaper and you can always try different set ups with little cost.

I must admit though I hate making bandsets.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. 4596

4596 Guest

This site sales band sets from within the USA: https://doublelslingshotsupplies.com/collections/bandsets

I can't provide and feedback, because I haven't bought anything from them yet.

Like the others, I make my own band sets; I too sucked at first, but the learning curve is not that steep. Watch the various you tube videos and they show you a lot of pointers to avoid the common mistakes.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    4. Zippy

Zippy Veteran Member

Practice makes perfect...just keep trying to make your own it will come to you

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    5. StringSlap

StringSlap Veteran Member

I suggest you make your own. You'll get it figured out in no time. Don't worry about figuring out tapers. All I shoot are straight bands. 3/4 inch straights will work fine for the most part. Use thinner material for small/light ammo and thicker for bigger/heavier.

If you are dead set on buying pre-made and paying the premium then Double L (linked above) and Tripwire (eBay) will have what you need and both provide excellent service.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Jerry Kosty

Jerry Kosty Member

what thickness do you get

7. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Tied proper for OTT I got quite of few of those but it isn't necessary, Nathan says so. Making your own band sets is fun and therapeutic and you are only limited by your imagination and you save a bunch of money.

8. Bimbo

Bimbo Well-Known Member

I had the idea that TTF and OTT ties had to be different, till I saw a video by Nathan masters telling a story about how he shot a whole day at a tournament with the bands tied “the wrong way”, it did not make a difference cau
      se he did not notice...

Since i’m In Mexico I can’t give you a solid advice on US sellers, but if it helps, I bought SUMEIKE and GZK bands straight from GZK site in China, they arrived a week after the order, along with a bunch of freebies!! Highly recommended.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1