Any Spyderco fans | The Slingshot Community Forum

Any Spyderco fans

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AZ Stinger, Nov 11, 2020.

1. AZ Stinger

AZ Stinger Veteran Member

20201111_181344.jpg I've been a big Spyderco fan for a while now and I was just wondering if there are any other Spyderco guys out there.... the little guy on the bottom is the Manbug with a k390 Super Steel blade, in the middle is the Delica 4 also sporting a k390 blade... and on the top we have the Paramilitary 2 with a s30v steel blade.... if anyone has one I would love to see it and I am also open to sales or trades

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
  2. remnar

remnar Active Member

Hi AZ, You could say that I'm a bit of a Spyderco fan. Here's a couple from my collection that I customized.

Delica and Sage 2:
    [​IMG]

Here's the one that is usually in my pocket at work.

Stretch:
    [​IMG]

My daily carry gets switched often but most of the time I stick with the Para 3:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
  3. AZ Stinger

AZ Stinger Veteran Member

You have some nice ones there... yeah customizing can be fun but a bit expensive haha .. I've been looking at the Para 3.. seems to be a good size,
    What is the blade length on that

4. remnar

remnar Active Member

Customizing is expensive if you pay someone else to do it but not too bad if you do it yourself. :)

The blade length on the Para 3 is listed at 2.95" which is slightly more than the Delica (2.875"). Here are some comparison pics for you:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite lock is the compression lock so I tend to like the models that have that feature. Before the introduction of the Para 3 I frequently carried the PM 2 but I really don't need the longer blade length for most of my cutting tasks.

Let me know if you want to see anymore comparison pics.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  5. Alex v

Alex v Well-Known Member

I’m a bit of a knife fan myself but only one spyderco in the collection up to yet [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It a comfortable knife and now it’s been brought up think I might need more haha.
    Cheers all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  6. OldGuy

OldGuy New Member

Yes! My most expensive Spyderco product almost broke the bank @ $20,000. It floats. Gail, Sal's wife is the principle owner of Sage Marine. Boat factory is located more or less behind the corporate office, outlet store, factory in Golden, CO.

Have only owned two Spyderco knives. Both mini-folders. One I lost somewhere in the backcountry on the north side of the Dominican Republic. The replacement is a real tiny H2 steel model(?Dragonfly) that sits with some emergency line in a small pocket on the waist harness used for windsurfing and wind foiling.

Lust for a Tusk. Reason why I didn't stop by the outlet shop. Sucker for deals, but the Tusk is just too pricey to lose when out on the water.

Spyderco looks to be a sponsor for the Italian entry (Prada Pirelli) in the America's Cup. The crew members all have a yellow handled folder tucked in a quick and easy access pocket.