Another BIG SURPRISE | The Slingshot Community Forum

Another BIG SURPRISE

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Arturo Borquez, Apr 17, 2021.

By Arturo Borquez on Apr 17, 2021 at 11:46 AM
  1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Veteran Member

Yesterday seemed to be a magical day LOL !!! 2 packages !!! this one is a BIG haul from Monroe aka @Palmettoflyer ... not one, two, three but SIX frames, 4 3D printed (I guess) and 2 wooden frames, from left to right
    1) Chocolate Lizard (3D printed?)
    2) Blue Samurai Conus (3D printed)
    3) Red Original Conus (3D printed, a bit smaller)
    4) A Chunky frame (don't know it's name, made in wood, help Monroe) ?
    5) Mule PFS in wood, very nice finish (which wood, help Monroe) ?
    6) Red, White, Blue w pinky hole (3D printed, don't remember the model name)
    PLUS a roll (several mts) white latex 0.55 mm
    Couldn't resist to band the RED pinky hole with the new rubber and shoot it, wow !!! even this frame and rubber was new to me I was pleased with the results, in another words the Red pinky is merciless LOL! I can shoot it very well and will be my all time pocket slingshot, also the rubber is very good despite my cut was by "feel" had a comfortable pull I will refine with practice, Next one the Mule PFS I am sure will be very good, holding it also feels very comfortable. Currently I am very busy but videos will come I hope soon
    Moroe my friend, you are a generous brother and I am very happy to add to my rather large collection your priceless fine work
    THANK YOU SO MUCH my friend
    monroe_pkgctn.jpg
    Arturo

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 17
    • Genius Genius x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Talk' started by Arturo Borquez, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Arturo Borquez

a few minutes break w the Red Pinky :D:D:D red_pinky.jpg

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 8
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Cruiser

Cruiser Veteran Member

Big mail haul day.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
    3. Stankard757

Stankard757 Veteran Member

Congrats Arturo, Monroe's chocolate lizards are really nice and that pinky PFS looks cool AF.

By the way I like the "chocolate" in the name "MONROE'S CHOCOLATE FRAMES" just might become a thing[emoji38]

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 7
    4. Devils son in law

Devils son in law Veteran Member

Nice!! From one great guy to another!!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Magical sweetness!

6. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

First I would like to say that I'm happy to know the box of goodies made it. The last exchange Arturo and I did was way more expensive in shipping than either of us want to admit. When I saw the Post prices were back to normal, I had to improve on what I had sent months earlier.

LOL on the Chocolate Lizard. Mike, that might just be the new name! The Chocolate is HDPE sign board material. Easy build with my router table. A lot of guys here have various ones from me in this material and frames made from this is good ballast to even out the weight in a sling mail package. It was a last minute addition to the package as I realized that I was still in the weight category for the same cost.

The two 3D printed Conuses are just conversation pieces. Arturo, you can shoot them if you want, but I was just sharing with you what a typical 3D printed frame looks and feels like. Plus, the "knowing" what your great awesome design looks like when whipped out in the standard home hobby 3D printer development. These are made with the STL files that is in the Resources here on the forum. I have printed one Wide Gap one too, and unless he gave it away, Shane of Island Made Catapults has it. So Arturo, do what you like with these and if you are wondering, the filament they are made with is PETG.

The Pinky Ring 3D printed frame that you shot and actually like is called the Hunter. It is a design created by Gamekeeper John a while back. I used a picture from a video of his to get the inspiration for drawing the design. This is no ordinary 3D print. On the outside, it looks like a typical laminated build in the national "Chilean" colors of red, white, and blue! But on the inside is an engineered structural backbone of 4mm hardened steel rods. The middle blue layer has slots designed for the rods, and then CA glue assembles the layers. Overall, this build/assembly technique makes a very strong and stiff plastic frame. Not to mention that it does shoot well too! This is the same Hunter builds that I did for Mr Muz and Richnewm.

The PFS Mule is made from Padauk wood. Nothing too special, just a good solid build with a brass pin for looks. Best I can remember, it either has a BLO & wax finish or a CA finish. Thought you would enjoy giving it a try and letting us know how the design works for you. I has all the elements of a good pickle fork that I learned from my PFS shooting instructor!

The smaller wood frame is Dogwood. Built from the tree that grew in my yard. Same tree that I have made a few Conus builds for Mike @Stankard757 and Steve @StringSlap . I think I used the Spring Breaker template when I cut it out. So it is close to that design. Finish is CA. Don't look too close, as I'm still learning the technique.

And last, the white latex is BSB 0.5 mm. BSB is short for Burning Skull Brand. Yes, it does measure to 0.55 when you measure it but as you quickly noticed, it is quite different. I have not tried to measure the stretch factor, but would not be surprised if it was not close to 700%. It took me a few band sets to learn that I needed to shorten the active length a couple of inches overall. The result is an easy pull band that has amazing acceleration and pretty good speed. Once you get used to it, it is hard to go back to other latex. I sent you the whole 10 meter roll and hope you find it to your liking. (I think it was 10 meters?) Easy buy from GZK and I always try to stay stocked up on it know. Mike @Stankard757 got me using it and I love the feel.

Arturo, it was my pleasure to send you a box full of goodies to break up the daily routine. Just happy to return some of the goodness that you have given me with the help in PFS Shooting and the beautiful Samurai Conus that I do shoot and enjoy very much.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 9
    7. Bone

Bone Veteran Member Staff Member Moderator Admin

Great post!

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 7
    8. Arturo Borquez

Thank you for your detailed explanation Monroe, now I remember the "Hunter" and yes was one of Gamekeeper's, he was selling it made of plywood years ago. Now understand why I've found the hunter very stiff, was the steel backbone LOL
      !
      Didn't measure the latex roll but seems are several mts. I like it, I am stretching 500% and feel it like maxed out, I will test speed with our "crony" tomorrow if I find a break will test the Mule PFS either.
      Was a pleasure to give you some hints about my experience with the PFS, exchange some design ideas about the Conus and the software "Chrony"
      Thank you very much for your generosity and commitment with this community Monroe

9. Palmettoflyer

Palmettoflyer Veteran Member

Looking forward to your experience with the BSB latex. It will be interesting to see the acceleration calculation compared to other latex.

Hope that you can find time to play during the busy work schedule.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 4
    10. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Awesome haul of slingshot goodness.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    11. Alex v

Alex v Well-Known Member

[emoji41] cool haul ! Have fun fella [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1