Ammo Options | The Slingshot Community Forum

Ammo Options

Discussion in 'Beginner Question Forum' started by chiplikephil, Jan 18, 2021.

1. chiplikephil

chiplikephil New Member

Hello from Cali,

Has anyone experimented with using AA or 9 volts as ammo? I guess the battery would go rouge and smack into the frame of a slingshot, bounce off and smack me in the face. Hey everyone has batteries around the house they are suppose to recycle. The only application I see is for self defense.

Thanks for your time,
    Steve

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
  2. Flipgun

Flipgun Veteran Member

If you had a wide frame and a rockchucker pouch you could shoot them...but why? Most people here shoot steel into catch boxes and clay when bumming around in the woods. Hunters often use lead but they don't put many chunks of it into the environment. Be green and recyc. Ammo is cheap. My 2 cents.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. KawKan

KawKan Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.
    I suppose someone has used batteries as ammo. The range of possibilities is that have been tried and posted is vast. But as mentioned, there are better options.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
  4. Pathfinder

Pathfinder Guest

Lol I love the play on words and price. Yes I know the saying about thoughts.
    It seems like yesterday I was buying 22lr ammo for 2 cents a round. But it was probably 33-35 years ago.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mr Muz

Mr Muz Veteran Member

Ive always considered trying to shoot a car battery but could find a pouch big enough.

Being serious, theres no reason with the right set up you couldn't but if you want to use big devastating ammo try hex nuts or casting big lead balls, they would be more accurate and a lot safer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
  6. honorary pie

honorary pie Veteran Member

Meh, I do know of one person who killed a rabbit with a AA, but personally not my thing. Battery juice, mess, possibility of toxifying stuff. Rocks, clay, a dry wad of gum with a rock in it...
    Hell, these days it might be tough to find the appropriate appliance full of batteries to unload. you do have a flashlight, remote control, or a myriad of annoying Children's toys, those might actually make for better survival odds in a defense situation.

Cause let's be honest, unless it's your wife, there aren't a lot of self-defense scenarios that involve enough distance for a slingshot anyway, then it's just plain offensive.. even if the neighbour's kid does happen to be a little prick. Actually, I'm rethinking this battery thing,,..

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. MacGyver

MacGyver Active Member

When I was around ten years old I was walking around the yard the battery out of my dad’s race car was sitting on the edge of his trailer, I drew back with a big shooter marble and let fly. Unfortunately that was the very first time that I hit what I was aiming at with an old wrist rocket.

• Thumbs Up Thumbs Up x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1